Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SABC TV License mess up

Grandmaster

Default SABC TV License mess up

Well I got this sms today from sabc tv licence

YOUR TVLICENSE, ACC.NO.403###### (won't display number here) is due by 30/06/2008. Balance Owning etc (the usual sabc tv licence crap)

So I went to the tvlic.co.za website registered with the above number.
    Logged in and hey guess what it is not me ???(which I knew because I went through a whole process with sabc and their ****ty tv licence process due to being married about 7 years ago and they finally merged my wifes and my account).
    Then I went to change details. My phone number is not even in the details of this person. So how the hell did i get this message and why is it so easy to register with this account nr on tvlic.co.za

It is obvious their system are in a #####$$ mess
    No Signature for the moment

Pay the guy's TV licence. It's the righ thing to do.
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

yea i had a tv license van surveying the area last night

Go there in person (Auckland Park)
    Trust me on this - in the long run it will be be cheaper than the 100 phone calls and faxes/e-mails
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
    Winston Churchill

Weird .. my TV license card (all details correct) arrived in the post today. I don't remember even paying for it.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post

Really? I didn't know those actually existed.

Quote Originally Posted by milomak View Post
    Pay the guy's TV licence. It's the righ thing to do.
    lololol

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by moklet View Post
    Well I got this sms today from sabc tv licence

YOUR TVLICENSE, ACC.NO.403###### (won't display number here) is due by 30/06/2008. Balance Owning etc (the usual sabc tv licence crap)

So I went to the tvlic.co.za website registered with the above number.
    Logged in and hey guess what it is not me ???(which I knew because I went through a whole process with sabc and their ****ty tv licence process due to being married about 7 years ago and they finally merged my wifes and my account).
    Then I went to change details. My phone number is not even in the details of this person. So how the hell did i get this message and why is it so easy to register with this account nr on tvlic.co.za

It is obvious their system are in a #####$$ mess
    I think their registration process should be a more secure. It should at least be the account nr & id. not just the account nr. I can now see the guys details, phonenumber, contact address etc.
    No Signature for the moment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post

What? Bunch of monkeys waving around bananas?

Go to the post office. Get yourself a new licence. Let the old one go dead and let the SABC sort it out. You only have to have a licence, I don't think it says anything about having to renew your existing one.

Grandmaster

Get a new lisence.

Should you get any letters regarding the old one, send a certified copy of your new lisence by certified mail and attach a letter that this is final notice and proof that you are up to date. Keep the mail slip!

If anybody else starts to pester you, inform them kindly that you have done your part, and you consider their attempts as blackmail. If they continue, lay a criminal charge at the police, and if an attorney is involved, also inform the law society of what you have done.

Been there. It is the only way to negotiate with the SABC and their legal eagles.
    South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.

Trust me, 'old licenses' don't die. They will nail you 10 years down the line saying you owe them thousands, and then it's a huge legal battle to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by risingtide View Post
    Go to the post office. Get yourself a new licence. Let the old one go dead and let the SABC sort it out. You only have to have a licence, I don't think it says anything about having to renew your existing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaspaas View Post
    Get a new lisence.
    I don't think you can get a 'new' licence - they link to your old history, based on your ID number I think, and then just renew your old licence.

At least that's what I happened to me - I had a licence, cancelled it when I went overseas, and when I came back and applied for a new licence it was the same account number as my old licence.

I've never registered so i'm not in their database and i wont enter ever
    I only have 1 TV my dad bought it with his TV licence and ID when i left to go stay on my own i took that TV with me and the licence. He still pays it I'm never entering their database from hell and i wont buy a new TV ever also I'll just buy a computer monitor screw them. Please dont send me to jail or am i not doing anything wrong?
    If you can read this... you can read.

Once in a while we get a Final Notice from the Attorneys the sabc use for an outstanding amount of 5-6k. This is for a company that was liquidated 6 or 7 years ago, which at the time we instructed them to cancel all licences.

Goes to show how good they are at admin work he he.

A nice bright red colour paper going straight to file 13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast