Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paying for Traffic Fines (Pinetown)

Default Paying for Traffic Fines (Pinetown)

I speed. I like driving fast (though not dangerously so). Obviously this means I get the occasional fine.

Recently I got a fine on the way down to Durban - payable to Pinetown. I was fine with this, naively expecting to be able to pay it online; turns out Natal is one of the few provinces where I can't, you know, because we still live in the 90s...

My dilemma right now, is that I am in PMB, unable to get off work and have to pay this fine in PINETOWN by this Friday (11th July). Are there any other options open to me? My one thought was asking my girlfriend to go in and pay it for me (as she lives there), but it turns out one needs to have the very document I hold in my hand with you when you go in to pay. There are also no details whatsoever for a bank account into which I could pay the fine - seems the only way is cash or cheque through the post (hello, 90s again). It almost seems as if they are trying to make paying the fine as difficult as possible (no wonder so many people just don't bother).

I heard one could pay through an ATM - although one has to be an FNB client (I am not), would I be able to get someone else who is with FNB to use their account to pay it for me or does it use their personal information to look up the fines?

tl;dr version: I have to pay a fine in Pinetown by Friday; I can't get there in person. What the hell else can I do?

Anyone have any idea? This is kinda urgent

firstly, did you get the fine in the post? if so chuck it away!
    secondly, i see at the heskith spar they say you can pay the fines there so take it in and see what they say.
    Axxess my new favorite ISP

I called the Pinetown charge office, and they tell me I can pay my fine at any police station. That makes my life so much easier. Reason I thought I had to do it in Pinetown was because the idiot traffic officer who pulled me over told me I had to pay in Pinetown

Gonna go down the road to the police station now and query it.

Thanks for the help

R10 bucks they tell you to go pay it in pinetown, cause they are too lazy, and stupid
    Axxess my new favorite ISP

If the fine has an easypay number you can pay it at a picknpay I think, although this might be a bit late :P

Pay online at www.easypay.co.za

Angry HELP PLEASE

U pay the fine?
    Any idea how I can pay. I live in Gauteng, and it costs more to drive to Pinetown than the fine is worth? Tried easypay, but no number available.

Driving up to GP from CT once I got trapped in some god-forsaken little town in the middle of nowhere. R100 fine arrived in the mail. Phoned them and could pay with credit card over phone.

Super Grandmaster

If you drive fast, quickly drive to Pinetown and pay it....

Angry WHY

Wil try the credit card thing, although its a goverment department, that says it all. Held on to the line for 30 min yesterday (8 different people). But if thats my destiny.....

Default Think

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    If you drive fast, quickly drive to Pinetown and pay it....
    Fine R500, Toll gates R700, Petrol R ???. Worth it?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Blond Gautie View Post
    Fine R500, Toll gates R700, Petrol R ???. Worth it?
    If you like going fast

P.S. I just don't pay my fines.

The response when I phoned them was that the only methods of payment allowed, was either to send a postal order from the post office or to send a bank guaranteed cheque.

Maybe they have some way of skimming money off the top with these methods which they won't have if they allow electronic payments. maybe i'm just paranoid.....
    There is no service in ZA, nil , nada, zilch, nothing, aziko, niks, 0

Super Grandmaster

One year later...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast