Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom: The joke's on you, this time!

Talking Telkom: The joke's on you, this time!

Yesterday, I was spurned by Telkom who completely failed to install my ADSL line. When I called them, they "escalated" it and rescheduled it for the 25th of July.

Yesterday, I was pretty pissed.

Today, I'm laughing so much I'm in danger of permanently staining my office chair.

Why?

Because Neotel launch in Cape Town on the 24th - The irony is killing me.

Anyway, I spent hours on the phone to them, today, and finally managed to get the promise of a call from some grand-high supervisor. They are going to call me tomorrow morning and I'm going to tell them exactly where to stick my application for an ADSL line. You can guess how much I'm looking forward to it.

P.S.: Where do I sign up for the Neotel service?

Record the call and post it for us somewhere so we can listen to it brave heart

Oh yeah!

Er... I just phoned Neotel and they said there's no coverage in Rondebosch, Cape Town.

They couldn't give me any indication of whether it would be there by the launch, either - not even when I told them I was about to cancel an application with Telkom.

Neotel really need to give us better forecasts... or just SOME forecast... if they want people to wait for them.

Oh... and that date (24 July) isn't accurate, either. It is actually: "some time in the coming months."

Everyone has been pinning their hopes on NeoTel, but all they've managed to be is one huge let down after the next. Heck, I'm even in their coverage area but they really can't be bothered to call me back when they said they will.

The sad thing is, I'm actually getting better service from Telkom than what NeoTel have been able to give

Grandmaster

You will end up being Telkom's b!tch, Charlie. Neotel is really not proving to be any more forthcoming on estimates and service than Telkom.

You will be needing that application after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie. View Post
    Yesterday, I was spurned by Telkom who completely failed to install my ADSL line. When I called them, they "escalated" it and rescheduled it for the 25th of July.

Yesterday, I was pretty pissed.

Today, I'm laughing so much I'm in danger of permanently staining my office chair.

Why?

Because Neotel launch in Cape Town on the 24th - The irony is killing me.

Anyway, I spent hours on the phone to them, today, and finally managed to get the promise of a call from some grand-high supervisor. They are going to call me tomorrow morning and I'm going to tell them exactly where to stick my application for an ADSL line. You can guess how much I'm looking forward to it.

P.S.: Where do I sign up for the Neotel service?
    Have u been to the Telkom shop in Canal Walk?
    They sort issues out quickly.