Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Brosist/Insurance indiscretion...

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Brosist/Insurance indiscretion...

To my complete surprise, I just received the complete and very detailed policy which certainly doesn't belong to me from info@brosist.co.za

Now, my name is nothing like the name on the policy and nor is my email address so how did this happen? Who do I ask and (since my policy is also linked to Brosist), how many people have my policy?

The policy of course contains all manner of private information. This includes date of birth, ID number, home and work address, banking details as well as VIN, Engine, Registration and security details of vehicles. Also home contents break-down and what security measures are in place where and even how much a certain Diamond ring is worth.

I'm basically appalled that this sort of thing can (and clearly does) happen. Doesn't really make me feel wonderful about online security and privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiThesis View Post
    To my complete surprise, I just received the complete and very detailed policy which certainly doesn't belong to me from info@brosist.co.za

Now, my name is nothing like the name on the policy and nor is my email address so how did this happen? Who do I ask and (since my policy is also linked to Brosist), how many people have my policy?

The policy of course contains all manner of private information. This includes date of birth, ID number, home and work address, banking details as well as VIN, Engine, Registration and security details of vehicles. Also home contents break-down and what security measures are in place where and even how much a certain Diamond ring is worth.

I'm basically appalled that this sort of thing can (and clearly does) happen. Doesn't really make me feel wonderful about online security and privacy.
    Your previous broker sold your policy to them. Seems to happen all the time, I get policy documents in the post and I'm about to throw them away and then I see it's actually my new policy from the new broker.
    The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. - Ralph W. Sockman

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

I've really never used this broker in my life... Brosist is the only link really.

WTF is Brosist? Some kind of male analogue to First for Women?

Brosist - Bros before hos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkomisaloser View Post
    I must get banned
    <!--

You complain about your private details being on display to all, I'll go into the company and sell my encryption product - and we split the com 60/40 to me?

Deal?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Lol. Sounds good Dolby

Probably still wouldn't stop them sending stuff to the wrong people