Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom VSAT?

Default Telkom VSAT?

Is anybody her making use of Telkom VSAT?

Ta
    TheRabbi

Yes, I got it on Friday

Remove dot to reply

I have someone that use VSAT but not via Telkom and have been happy with it for more than 2 years… just office email and internet payments now and then; on 3Gb you cannot surf the web…

Super Grandmaster DigitalSoldier's Avatar

Its a fscking joke for a business!

We recently opened a new office in a rural area and its not possible to get Telkom lines there because of copper theft. 3G is also non-existent!!

So we invested in Telkom Space Stream Office.

The max cap you get through Telkom is 2gb and this for a business! Then we reached our cap we bought another data account from SAINET for 3gbs. It turns out that Telkom completely caps the VSAT itself. So, buying another account will not help you either. Now we are stuck with another VSAT data account for 12 months because the buffoons at Telkom don't know their job.

I spoke to one guy from Telkom he assured me that we can just buy another account or upgrade our current account. Then I spoke to another consultant and he said they cap you, but you can do a VSAT reset for R850.00 and another consultant told me to just get another account from another ISP.

So what fscking good is it buying an account from another ISP if Telkom completely caps the VSAT. You are not even able to access the login user face once capped.

Have you considered Yahclick? Anybody here using them? Are they good in rural spots in valleys or behind mountains?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchuncle777 View Post
    Have you considered Yahclick? Anybody here using them? Are they good in rural spots in valleys or behind mountains?
    As with any satellite service you require line-of-sight.

If you run out of allocated bandwidth on Yahclick you have to buy a FAP Reset Token which will give you 10% of your allocated bandwidth for the next 72hrs. Read the FAQs and small print on their site.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem