Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Check your insurance policy! Please note:

Default Check your insurance policy! Please note:

http://www.24.com/news/?p=tsa&i=990948

Many claims arising out of the theft of motor vehicles were rejected by insurers on the grounds that the vehicle did not comply with the required security measures stipulated by the policy, the Ombudsman for Short-Term Insurance, Brian Martin said on Thursday.

On our policy document with Santam, it clearly states what security measures we had on each vehicle and where it's parked at night.....
    Q9550,OCZ 4G DDR2,HIS 4850,XONAR D2X in HAF932+AOC 53X+SideWinder/Reclusa
    4096kbps DSL@Altech uncapped
    Lenovo S10 2g RAM+HTC Desire+Atrio M8

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by cyberarmy View Post
    On our policy document with Santam, it clearly states what security measures we had on each vehicle and where it's parked at night.....
    Have you checked your Santam policy details regarding glass claims? Friend of mine had a crack from a stone and eventually landed up paying cash at PG because her excess was higher than the price of a windscreen
    Feel free to disagree with me if you think I'll give a $h!t

Yes, but Santam also have the option where you can pay a higher premium and do not have an excess fee. For me it was worth paying the R40 (if I recollect correctly) more each month.

Grandmaster

for 40 rhondt that is sweet
    Feel free to disagree with me if you think I'll give a $h!t

I just had my car's windscreen replaced. Cash price was R3500. Insurance claim through outsurance, I paid R530 excess.

Quote Originally Posted by thisgeek View Post
    I just had my car's windscreen replaced. Cash price was R3500. Insurance claim through outsurance, I paid R530 excess.
    I can vouch for Outsurance. My car was in an accident last Wednesday - was parked in the station parking lot; a car knocked a motorcyclist, and the motorcyclist went flying into my car. I only discovered the damage on my return, the evening. Anyway, I called in the claim on the Thursday, they booked the car for an assessment on the Friday, and now my car has to go in next Monday for repairs - was the first open slot the repairer had.

Not only that, they've been pro-active in wanting to recover the expenses too; their legal department called me to find out whether I had any info on who did it; I didn't at that time - only found all this out today - but now that I do know, I'm going to give them the details, and they already promised me that they're going to do their utmost to recover the costs

One satisfied customer; and I was previously very apprehensive about Outsurance - wanted to cancel my contract with them on 2 occasions, but their Retentions Department got the better of me
    "The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants"-Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by streaker View Post
    Yes, but Santam also have the option where you can pay a higher premium and do not have an excess fee. For me it was worth paying the R40 (if I recollect correctly) more each month.
    +1

I also pay a little extra each month and pay no excess. Has a ding the other day - R7000 damage. Didnt pay anything. Its worth every cent.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmcc View Post
    +1

I also pay a little extra each month and pay no excess. Has a ding the other day - R7000 damage. Didnt pay anything. Its worth every cent.
    So what is the total premium like?