Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Can one register a vehicle without a drivers license?

Default Can one register a vehicle without a drivers license?

Is it possible to register a vehicle without a drivers license? Some people I have asked say yes and others say no.

Yes you can, you don't need a drivers licence to have a car or bike on your name.

You just can't get finance for it. If you bought it cash you can register it in your name np.
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Yup, you can still register without a driver's license - they don't even ask for it. Just need an ID.

Thinking out loud... Does that mean you don't have to be over 18 to register a car in your name ???

Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Yes you can, you don't need a drivers licence to have a car or bike on your name.

You just can't get finance for it. If you bought it cash you can register it in your name np.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post

Yes you can get finance without a drivers license as long as someone with a drivers license is the insured driver.

I know, I did it for my girlfriend.

Wesbank FTW

Quote Originally Posted by JUGGY View Post
    Yes you can get finance without a drivers license as long as someone with a drivers license is the insured driver.

I know, I did it for my girlfriend.

Wesbank FTW
    so you are standing surety for you girlfriend? good luck if you break up with her.
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milomak View Post
    so you are standing surety for you girlfriend? good luck if you break up with her.
    Thanks, what that has to do with you is beyond me.

no need to get testy dear fella. this is an open forum after all where we are free to express our views within reason.
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

no need to get testy dear fella. this is an open forum after all where we are free to express our views within reason.
    So you are and I'm not, tut tut.

Pot, kettle, you get my meaning I'm sure.

you are making the fellas stress, he might get sleepless nights
    just kidding mate

Quote Originally Posted by thinga View Post
    Yup, you can still register without a driver's license - they don't even ask for it. Just need an ID.

Thinking out loud... Does that mean you don't have to be over 18 to register a car in your name ???
    Thats where the ID comes in . . .