Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Ster Kinekor Movie Club

  1. #1

    Default Ster Kinekor Movie Club

    Anyone know how much it costs to join? The website tells you everything but the price. Want to work out whether or not its economical for me to join or not.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    R40 I think for the 'gold' membership but seem to remember seeing R29 somewhere
    Last edited by hashbrown99; 15-08-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
    Winston Churchill

  3. #3

    Default

    It's a waste of money. If you have a Discovery Health card thing you get to watch movies whenever at approximately R20. If not, it's R40-odd. If you get the normal club thing, you get a free movie ticket (yay, glee, excitement *sarcasm*) which cannot be used on "premier night" and you get "half-price Tuesdays." And that's pretty much it. Oh, and apparently a free ticket on your birthday.

    It's not worth it, unless that sort of thing appeals to you.
    ██████████
    ██████████
    ██████████

  4. #4

    Default

    they've probably discontinued my card due to lack of use. even when i decide to go to the cinema i can't be bothered to use the number its so infrequent.
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

  5. #5

    Default

    Got an edgars account? If so then get an edgars movie card, R12.50 a movie

  6. #6

    Default

    i have both edgards and Discovery Health
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The streams must flow! 24.7! 1080p!

  7. #7

    Default

    if i get the edgars card do i actually have to buy something with it?
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

  8. #8
    King of de Jungle Garyvdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    District 9
    Posts
    71,740
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    It's a waste of money. If you have a Discovery Health card thing you get to watch movies whenever at approximately R20. If not, it's R40-odd. If you get the normal club thing, you get a free movie ticket (yay, glee, excitement *sarcasm*) which cannot be used on "premier night" and you get "half-price Tuesdays." And that's pretty much it. Oh, and apparently a free ticket on your birthday.

    It's not worth it, unless that sort of thing appeals to you.
    are you sure? We have them, and I thought they were still R8? At least they are where we go... but that is a Junction Ster Kinekor.

    must be based on the original price of the movie at the Ster Kinekor branch.

  9. #9
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Uitzicht, South Africa
    Posts
    5,633

    Default

    Discovery Cards rock.. thats all I gotta say.

    oh an yeah.

    Lydon u gonna be at the braai or whatever it is tomz evening? Just ranomd question @ Lydon
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers - AJ Carpio"
    ~ Twitter: MrG_SA ~

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa.
    Posts
    184

    Default Caveat Emptor

    Both Discovery and Edgars will require you to pay a monthly fee to be a part of the action. At Edgars it's called "Edgars Club," where they'll gladly send you a rubbish magazine you won't read each month, for a fee. As for Discovery, you have to be a member of "Discovery Vitality." Vitality membership will turn a R 45,00 ticket at a Ster-Kinekor Classic cinema into a R 16,00 one. But that's only for members, so if you're taking a date, you're screwed - I'm on that, but it's like 80 bucks a month, so you better be going to movies often
    "One man can make a difference..."

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briantw View Post
    Both Discovery and Edgars will require you to pay a monthly fee to be a part of the action. At Edgars it's called "Edgars Club," where they'll gladly send you a rubbish magazine you won't read each month, for a fee. As for Discovery, you have to be a member of "Discovery Vitality." Vitality membership will turn a R 45,00 ticket at a Ster-Kinekor Classic cinema into a R 16,00 one. But that's only for members, so if you're taking a date, you're screwed - I'm on that, but it's like 80 bucks a month, so you better be going to movies often
    Come on, you get lots of other benefits with Discovery vitality, go read your booklet now.
    Q9550,OCZ 4G DDR2,HIS 4850,XONAR D2X in HAF932+AOC 53X+SideWinder/Reclusa
    4096kbps DSL@Altech uncapped
    Lenovo S10 2g RAM+HTC Desire+Atrio M8

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberarmy View Post
    Come on, you get lots of other benefits with Discovery vitality, go read your booklet now.
    ...gym
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The streams must flow! 24.7! 1080p!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milomak View Post
    if i get the edgars card do i actually have to buy something with it?
    Nope. You just have to subscribe to Edagrs club for like R20 a month or something, and then you are given two tickets a day for R12.50.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briantw View Post
    Both Discovery and Edgars will require you to pay a monthly fee to be a part of the action. At Edgars it's called "Edgars Club," where they'll gladly send you a rubbish magazine you won't read each month, for a fee. As for Discovery, you have to be a member of "Discovery Vitality." Vitality membership will turn a R 45,00 ticket at a Ster-Kinekor Classic cinema into a R 16,00 one. But that's only for members, so if you're taking a date, you're screwed - I'm on that, but it's like 80 bucks a month, so you better be going to movies often

    Its quite good. Lifetime gym membership for R600 once off, R16 movies and R9 at certain cinemas, any movie. Theres alos other benefits like discounts on holidays hotels and local flights. R80 seems worth it for me.

  15. #15
    Super Grandmaster gregmcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    16,982

    Default

    I got the platinum card - a complete waste. You have to see a ton of movies just to get a free one. Lately I've been using my edgars card - much more useful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •