Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ster Kinekor Movie Club

Default Ster Kinekor Movie Club

Anyone know how much it costs to join? The website tells you everything but the price. Want to work out whether or not its economical for me to join or not.

Thanks

R40 I think for the 'gold' membership but seem to remember seeing R29 somewhere
    Last edited by hashbrown99; 15-08-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
    Winston Churchill

It's a waste of money. If you have a Discovery Health card thing you get to watch movies whenever at approximately R20. If not, it's R40-odd. If you get the normal club thing, you get a free movie ticket (yay, glee, excitement *sarcasm*) which cannot be used on "premier night" and you get "half-price Tuesdays." And that's pretty much it. Oh, and apparently a free ticket on your birthday.

It's not worth it, unless that sort of thing appeals to you.
    ██████████
    ██████████
    ██████████

they've probably discontinued my card due to lack of use. even when i decide to go to the cinema i can't be bothered to use the number its so infrequent.
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

Got an edgars account? If so then get an edgars movie card, R12.50 a movie

i have both edgards and Discovery Health
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The streams must flow! 24.7! 1080p!

if i get the edgars card do i actually have to buy something with it?
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    It's a waste of money. If you have a Discovery Health card thing you get to watch movies whenever at approximately R20. If not, it's R40-odd. If you get the normal club thing, you get a free movie ticket (yay, glee, excitement *sarcasm*) which cannot be used on "premier night" and you get "half-price Tuesdays." And that's pretty much it. Oh, and apparently a free ticket on your birthday.

It's not worth it, unless that sort of thing appeals to you.
    are you sure? We have them, and I thought they were still R8? At least they are where we go... but that is a Junction Ster Kinekor.

must be based on the original price of the movie at the Ster Kinekor branch.

Super Grandmaster

Discovery Cards rock.. thats all I gotta say.

oh an yeah.

Lydon u gonna be at the braai or whatever it is tomz evening? Just ranomd question @ Lydon
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers - AJ Carpio"
    ~ Twitter: MrG_SA ~

Default Caveat Emptor

Both Discovery and Edgars will require you to pay a monthly fee to be a part of the action. At Edgars it's called "Edgars Club," where they'll gladly send you a rubbish magazine you won't read each month, for a fee. As for Discovery, you have to be a member of "Discovery Vitality." Vitality membership will turn a R 45,00 ticket at a Ster-Kinekor Classic cinema into a R 16,00 one. But that's only for members, so if you're taking a date, you're screwed - I'm on that, but it's like 80 bucks a month, so you better be going to movies often
    "One man can make a difference..."

Quote Originally Posted by briantw View Post
    Both Discovery and Edgars will require you to pay a monthly fee to be a part of the action. At Edgars it's called "Edgars Club," where they'll gladly send you a rubbish magazine you won't read each month, for a fee. As for Discovery, you have to be a member of "Discovery Vitality." Vitality membership will turn a R 45,00 ticket at a Ster-Kinekor Classic cinema into a R 16,00 one. But that's only for members, so if you're taking a date, you're screwed - I'm on that, but it's like 80 bucks a month, so you better be going to movies often
    Come on, you get lots of other benefits with Discovery vitality, go read your booklet now.
    Q9550,OCZ 4G DDR2,HIS 4850,XONAR D2X in HAF932+AOC 53X+SideWinder/Reclusa
    4096kbps DSL@Altech uncapped
    Lenovo S10 2g RAM+HTC Desire+Atrio M8

Quote Originally Posted by cyberarmy View Post
    Come on, you get lots of other benefits with Discovery vitality, go read your booklet now.
    ...gym
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The streams must flow! 24.7! 1080p!

Quote Originally Posted by milomak View Post
    if i get the edgars card do i actually have to buy something with it?
    Nope. You just have to subscribe to Edagrs club for like R20 a month or something, and then you are given two tickets a day for R12.50.

Quote Originally Posted by briantw View Post

Its quite good. Lifetime gym membership for R600 once off, R16 movies and R9 at certain cinemas, any movie. Theres alos other benefits like discounts on holidays hotels and local flights. R80 seems worth it for me.

I got the platinum card - a complete waste. You have to see a ton of movies just to get a free one. Lately I've been using my edgars card - much more useful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast