Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Neotel Confusion

Default Neotel Confusion

Been a long time since I've posted here.

I'm sick of iBurst, and I want to sell my UTD Black Modem and Omni antennae.

No Neotel, mmm it suits my needs as we cannot have phone lines in my complex.

It would be nice to have internet and a phone mainly to use for receiving calls from the gate saying I have visitors. This is where I've got seriously confused while researching Neotel. You cannot have the internet connected and receive calls, what bollocks is that??

So everytime you want to phone you have to disconnect internet and vica versa. I dont understand this... Does Iburst's Icall do the same thing?

I can live with the USB and ICS to share connection but come on, why cant we call and be on the net, seeing as I always leave the net on?

I can receive calls while on the internet, it seems to suspend the internet connection during the duration of the call. I configured my connection in XP to redial when dropped and it recovers well enough after the phone call ends.

Quote Originally Posted by benguela View Post
    I can receive calls while on the internet, it seems to suspend the internet connection during the duration of the call. I configured my connection in XP to redial when dropped and it recovers well enough after the phone call ends.
    Thank you, that certainly renews my interest in Neotel.
    I was expecting that people would receive an Engagged tone if you are on the net. I'm happy if it drops the internet connection during the duration of the call.
    I'll just have to check my download managers that they will resume once connection has been reestablished.

Is it the same when phoning out?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGT View Post
    Is it the same when phoning out?
    Works the same phoning out. My download manager continued just fine, I expect as long as the max retry limit is not reached during the call they'll recover and continue. I was ftp'ng a large file to a server, filezilla managed to reconnect and resume the upload.

Quote Originally Posted by benguela View Post
    Works the same phoning out. My download manager continued just fine, I expect as long as the max retry limit is not reached during the call they'll recover and continue. I was ftp'ng a large file to a server, filezilla managed to reconnect and resume the upload.
    Sweet thanks, think I'm going to get it. I hear now you can get it from PostNet.
    Also hear about the Deposit, is this due to credit risk or what?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGT View Post
    Sweet thanks, think I'm going to get it. I hear now you can get it from PostNet.
    Also hear about the Deposit, is this due to credit risk or what?
    Not sure about the deposit, I did not have to pay one but I heard that if you want to make international calls then you may have to put some money upfront.
    Can anyone confirm.

Deposits are credit profile dependant and is there since the new credit act requires the consumer and the service provider to be protected.

In other words if you have a bad credit history then you maybe required to pay a deposit (amount varies i think) or you could be declined outright.

As for the international dialling deposit i am not sure...