Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Velocity cars

Super Grandmaster

Question Velocity cars

http://www.velocitycars.co.za

Anyone know anything about these guys? "Open every Sun 10:30am - 2pm" got me a little worried...amongst other things.

Super Grandmaster

Doesn't open on local
    In recent days I've discovered that your IQ is linked to your post count!

Blog Entries

They are in Athlone somewhere yeah?

I wouldn't touch them - been to auctions and seen the cars they buy
    Look elsewhere bru...
    Financial Advisor with Old Mutual.
    PM a Brother for Financial Wealth, Funeral and Life Cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    http://www.velocitycars.co.za

Anyone know anything about these guys? "Open every Sun 10:30am - 2pm" got me a little worried...amongst other things.
    You should be worried, they're next to O&J Car Sales(the shadiest second-hand car deal in Athlone). And when they say "no licence required" you need to start worrying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brixton tower View Post
    You should be worried, they're next to O&J Car Sales(the shadiest second-hand car deal in Athlone). And when they say "no licence required" you need to start worrying.
    +1 for shizzle
    Financial Advisor with Old Mutual.
    PM a Brother for Financial Wealth, Funeral and Life Cover.

Super Grandmaster

Yea....gf saw they had a late night TV ad so decided to check it out. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone had any dealings with this lot.

Angry never buy a car from Velocity Cars

Hi people i just want urge you all guys that never buy a car from Velocity Cars those guys are croocks i once read an article about them but i brushed them off till it has happened to me.
    Bought a a tazzy 2004 model in Decmber 2009 2 days after started leaking send it back to them to fix they refered me to some other garage of which the guys was'nt even there i decided to take it to a friend who replaced the oil pump that had a hole.
    As that was not enough they asked me to write a complimentary email for a good service well i did that because i assumed the damage was minor. After 2months i recieved my worst night mare when my engine cease the rease being barrings were finished but my question is how can barrings be finished when this car had just passed an AA test.
    well guys to those that what to buy used cars don't go to VELOCITY CARS

Bought a Toyota RunX rsi December 2013 which was taken to AA Test centre where they found a long list of problems with the car. The car was then returned to the dealer whom agreed to have it sorted & gave a courtesy car for the mean while. I received the car back in July 2014, drove it for 2 weeks & now its not driving at ALL, and verlocity cars refuses to look at the problem because they say its out of warrenty. Any advice will be appreciated plz

Heard alot of horror stories also, STAY AWAY!

Super Grandmaster

Report them to the motoring ombudsman....

Went with a friend to look at one of their cars, it was quite obvious it had been in a major accident, fortunately I managed to talk sense into him.

It's a drug front.

Their slogan is "more than just cars" yet they do not specify what exactly they do over and above cars.
    Clearly it is drug then.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

There were bombings at one of the shops and at the owners house earlier this year.

Either unsatisfied customers or drug related.

Drug, mkay. Trust me.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Quote Originally Posted by marco79 View Post
    There were bombings at one of the shops and at the owners house earlier this year.

Either unsatisfied customers or drug related.
    My bad, a year ago.

http://www.peoplespost.co.za/article....aspx?id=76208

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...apetown-suburb