Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Donation run complete...

Blog Entries

Talking Donation run complete...

As many of you know, I joined the VWS, now they don't exactly get funding from say the government or the Table Mountain National Parks etc... so they mostly get their funding from donations and pledges etc.

Anyways, for the last 2 weeks, I've been doing a donation run from my friends, I stopped it last night and added up the amounts.

12 people donated and I got R775.80.
    I was so hoping to get R1000+

I just wanted to thank a few of the MyBB members who donated (I only asked friends) and I have to mention that outta the MyBB members who did contribute to my total, snakespit donated the biggest amount, that amount being R100.

I'll be giving the money and names / contact details of people who donated to the head oke at VWS (Rob Erasmus) on Saturday - I'm sure he'll want to contact the donors and say thank you personally.

Thanks again guys!
    Twitter

That's nice, gdiza.

How are your knots coming along?
    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Blu, you're a genius.

Blog Entries

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    That's nice, gdiza.

How are your knots coming along?
    To be honest, I was 'passed' on my knots skills at the knots training session (we were evaluated after) but I'm not happy with that... I don't think I did that well.

Sunday is the big day, all new recruits have to be evaluated and apparently, I don't need to do knots again, I can CHOOSE to be re-evaluated on knots, but I'm scared, if I fail, then I'm screwed... so right now, I'm deciding, do I ask them to evaluate me again or just leave it.

The VWS is known for their high standards so I'm probably going to be asked to be re-evaluated. If I fail, I'll have to redo it again (but not be a active member yet) but I guess that's okay, at least at some point, if I'm ever on the fire line and need to know my knots and such, I'll know wtf i'm doing
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    To be honest, I was 'passed' on my knots skills at the knots training session (we were evaluated after) but I'm not happy with that... I don't think I did that well.

Sunday is the big day, all new recruits have to be evaluated and apparently, I don't need to do knots again, I can CHOOSE to be re-evaluated on knots, but I'm scared, if I fail, then I'm screwed... so right now, I'm deciding, do I ask them to evaluate me again or just leave it.

The VWS is known for their high standards so I'm probably going to be asked to be re-evaluated. If I fail, I'll have to redo it again (but not be a active member yet) but I guess that's okay, at least at some point, if I'm ever on the fire line and need to know my knots and such, I'll know wtf i'm doing
    Explain? Do the firemen work in a line during a fire ... like no.1 in line would do this, no.2 would do that, etc or how does 'the line' work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Blu, you're a genius.

nice cover with the donation cash .... post an amount on a public forum and pocket the real amount ..... give yourself a nice cover Congrats on the whole thing bru
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    Explain? Do the firemen work in a line during a fire ... like no.1 in line would do this, no.2 would do that, etc or how does 'the line' work?
    probably something like a guy every 2 or 3 feet along the length of the fire's edge ......
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    probably something like a guy every 2 or 3 feet along the length of the fire's edge ......
    Yes, we get split into teams and we are assigned 'areas' so... (if I can draw it)

----------------------------------------------- <- fire
    X me X Team leader x other member x other member

that's what we call being 'on the line' or on the fire line... it can also mean when we fighting fighters at a location, even if we not doing anything, that is called being 'on the line'
    Twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    nice cover with the donation cash .... post an amount on a public forum and pocket the real amount ..... give yourself a nice cover Congrats on the whole thing bru
    Truth be told MH, I was also going to donate R100, but due to me spending R1500 on my GPS and the radio (R650) this month, I couldn't... so instead of the amount being R100 MORE, it's actually R100 LESS

I can't afford to give a donation because of the GPS and radio purchase but at least I have it and I am using my own equipment when I'm at the VWS which should help in it's own way.
    Twitter