Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: High Risk Cars for High jacking or Theft

Default High Risk Cars for High jacking or Theft

Apart from VW Golf which we all know is HIGH RISK!! Do you guys know where I can get a list online of car models that are high risk in terms of high jacking and theft.

corsa lite? uno? all the cheap cars that are easy to break into?
    Boomshakalak

Super Grandmaster

What makes the cheap cars easy to break into?
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers - AJ Carpio"
    ~ Twitter: MrG_SA ~

well geneerally less money is spent on an alarm system and making it safe security wise.
    Boomshakalak

If they want it, they will take it!
    VW, BMW and Toyota are the highest risk cars on the road. Double cabs thefts are growing to.

Quote Originally Posted by JK8 View Post
    If they want it, they will take it!
    VW, BMW and Toyota are the highest risk cars on the road. Double cabs thefts are growing to.
    Double Cabs are still in demand?

So the person buying the stolen car can't afford to buy it legally but can afford the fuel? weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Raevinn View Post
    corsa lite? uno? all the cheap cars that are easy to break into?
    Let me just tell u this, its not about how cheap it is....its all about the criminals ability to fodge the vehicle as non stolen car, demand and especially maintenance which is why they love the golf so much......its strong.\

Quote Originally Posted by LilJohn View Post
    demand and especially maintenance which is why they love the golf so much......its strong.\
    And here was i planning on buying a VW gold chico
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." ― Eleanor Roosevelt

These sort of lists change every month. If their is an order for a specific car, it will be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly21C View Post
    And here was i planning on buying a VW gold chico

so why is golf a high risk car? Id like to know please

Cos it can be sold very quickly. Also can break up for parts and the parts can be sold very quickly cos it is so common.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Double Cabs are still in demand?

So the person buying the stolen car can't afford to buy it legally but can afford the fuel? weird...
    The people that steal it don't drive the car : they're hired and get a few thousand per car for stealing it

The more common the car the higher its demand in hijackings. VW Golfs AND Beetles are stolen regularly because they're held together by bolts and they've been around long enough for the criminals to be experts at breaking them apart. Once a car is in parts that's it, forget about getting it back.

Toyota Corollas, VW Golfs, Ford Bantams, BMW 3-series...because they're all so common and can easily "disappear". Ironically the more expensive and exclusive a car in SA the lower its hi-jacking risk. The old 3-series (gusheshe) is popular because of it's rare wheel drive, it's also become iconic amongst gangs and many are burnt at hijacker funerals as a symbol.

4x4's are high on the list because they can be exported over the border through the bundu's. Moz is apparently full of stolen SA 4x4's.

Oh, and trackers, gear locks and central locking are useless in Mk1 Golfs. Mine had all that, when the cop found out my car was a Golf he told me to forget it.
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
    Mr Garrison, South Park

Buy the old model FIAT Multipla. Noone would ever want to steal or hijack that ugly thing...
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast