Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: South Africa's slowest elevators?

Super Grandmaster

Default South Africa's slowest elevators?

Is the bank of relics that exists in Netcares Chris Barnard Memorial Hospital/aka City Park.

*expletive* things ruin every visit I make there. 10 mins journey time from floor 15 to floor G.

Should have taken the stairs...but a bit difficult carrying armloads of equipment.

This has to be the slowest bank of lifts in the entire country. The obscene thing is that Netcare, despite raking in oodles of dosh, has steadfastly refused to do anything about these stupid shafts for years.

Anyone know any slower lifts?

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Computershare - whilst the lifts once you are in them arent half bad, trying to get into one in the first place during the rush hour times can take longer than the bank queues on an end of month Friday lunchtime.
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Yeah, any lift with someone who smells, feels like it takes days to get to your floor

The slowest lift would be:

1) the one in the Telkom microwave tower in Hillbrow- 7 minutes to get to the top
    2) the lifts in some Durban beachfront hotels.

Tuks admin building. Not as slow...but quite frightening.

Me and this construction dude are standing in the lift and construction debris & dust is raining down on us from the lift ceiling. I throw him a skeptical look and he tells me he thinks it should hold at least long enough till we reach ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel View Post
    Ok i am now the proud owner of 9 telkom shares
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanmuller View Post
    From now on you can't say anything negative about them, else your money might shrink....
    oh snap

I traveled to the top of the Sentech Tower in JHB, in what they claim to be the fastest lift in Africa. I think it travels at about 5m/s if I remember correctly, which is pretty fast, so I don't know why I'm posting it in this thread

I also stood in open air on the top of the tower edge, luckily there was a metal side bracing to keep me on top. I also had a wonderful 3 course meal in the top storey of the tower.

Blog Entries

SABC building, Auckland park.

The worst to get stuck in? Joburg General Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Catal View Post
    I traveled to the top of the Sentech Tower in JHB, in what they claim to be the fastest lift in Africa. I think it travels at about 5m/s if I remember correctly, which is pretty fast, so I don't know why I'm posting it in this thread

I also stood in open air on the top of the tower edge, luckily there was a metal side bracing to keep me on top. I also had a wonderful 3 course meal in the top storey of the tower.
    Yes, why are you posting this here...

I once got a lift from someone in an old Model T Ford... It was pretty slow But the snacks onboard was great, but unfortunately the car didnt have seatbelts to keep me inside...

Quote Originally Posted by kingmonty View Post
    The worst to get stuck in? Joburg General Hospital.
    Hanging out with MDR TB & XDR TB patients is great fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel View Post
    Ok i am now the proud owner of 9 telkom shares
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanmuller View Post
    From now on you can't say anything negative about them, else your money might shrink....
    oh snap

I think that the slowest elevator in SA, is the one that you are in when you develop an urgent need to visit the bathroom!

B

@Home:Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Proud Pentax K-30 Owner!