Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Microsoft Product Activation South African number

Grandmaster

Default Microsoft Product Activation South African number

I need to phone to activate my copy of Vista but the drop down list of phone numbers doesn't seem to work properly. Anyone know the number you have to phone to get activated?

Super Grandmaster

Why don't you activate it online? You can install vista and activate it automatically once you got an internet connection. Or will this pc be offline?

Grandmaster

It is a Vista Enterprise machine that I installed using a product code from my MSDN subscription. When I joined it to our domain at work and tried to activate it I got error about our key server not having enough keys etc.

It is legal - all I want to do is be able to run it. Damn it Microsoft! What punish your customers??

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah, the joys of WPA....

I hate it...
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Try 0800 995 637 and choose option 2

I am having the same problem...

0800 995 637 doesn't work anymore. You get a prompt to rather try 0801 434 343 but that ALSO doesn't work.

For some reason, unknown to me, it won't activate online. I am using a notebook with the XP serial underneath.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StNick View Post
    I am having the same problem...

0800 995 637 doesn't work anymore. You get a prompt to rather try 0801 434 343 but that ALSO doesn't work.

For some reason, unknown to me, it won't activate online. I am using a notebook with the XP serial underneath.
    I would phone the nearest Microsoft office - you'll find those people are really helpful with people who own LEGAL copies.

I called MS one day just to ask about getting SP3 on a CD - the lady told me to come by the Waterfront office in 30 minutes - I sent a driver and he came back with a CD with SP3 on it - free

I could've downloaded it but I was being lazy and ambitious!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    I would phone the nearest Microsoft office - you'll find those people are really helpful with people who own LEGAL copies.
    Which is not a toll free number, which is bogus. Apple doesn't ask you do to this. MS just sucks. Download a crack and crack it, you have the original
    disk, it's valid. You tried to do it the MS way OR even better return the product for a refund - it's non-functional. F-MS BS.
    Neko-nyan dansu! by Harenchi Punch! MST3K. Hitler goes Kaput!. Fravia's SearchLores Shills, trolls & meow wars.

Thanks guys.

I phoned the local MS office. Apparently they are experiencing technical difficulties and I need to try again later with the 0800 number.

Grandmaster

Code:
    cscript C:\Windows\System32\SLMGR.vbs -IPK *SERIAL KEY HERE*
    cscript C:\Windows\System32\SLMGR.vbs -ATO
    The Activation doesn't always work in Vista - the program is buggy. If the above doesn't work, change the serial key (even to the same serial as you entered during installation), and try re-activate.

There's lots of stuff on google about Vista failing to activate.
    Regards,
    Chris.
    - NextGenNews, NNTP re-invented -
    South Africa's first commercial NNTP Service Provider

0800CALLMS (225567) it could also be 0860 as well but the last bit is right.
    I think...
    ..l.

0860 22 55 67 however to activate they require you to call 0801 43 43 43 which is engaged all the time