Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Notice on MTN Coverage helpdesk

Default Notice on MTN Coverage helpdesk

The much awaited dedicated Network Quality and coverage helpdesk has been operational from the 15th of September 2008.

The Helpdesk consists of 9 agents and a 1 supervisor and the desk will operate from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday and 8 am to 5pm on weekends.

For any MTN Coverage or Quality complaints, please note that all queries must be officially logged with this dedicated Helpdesk for record purposes.

Should a subscriber experience any network problems, please encourage them to contact the MTN Network Quality and Coverage helpdesk who will provide them with an MTN Reference number which can be tracked. The Network Coverage and Quality coordinators will then investigate the matter and if necessary execute a site visit and subsequently propose a legitimate solution. Please note that both the Quality and Coverage help desk agents and the Network Coverage and Quality coordinators are highly skilled and qualified to propose the correct solution for each subscriber's individual needs. Should you wish to log a query on a subscribers’ behalf, the reference number will be issued to you for track and trace purposes. This number must be used for all follow ups, etc.

Please contact the Helpdesk by phone or e-mail.

Phone 083 900 1212
    or
    Send an email to coverage@mtn.co.za

Please include the following information for email queries:

* Subscriber name:
    * Mobile number experiencing the problem:
    * Subscriber’s alternate contact number:
    * Physical Street Address:
    * Suburb:
    * City:
    * Postal address:
    * Is it a voice or data problem?:
    * Provide a brief description of the problem experienced:
    * When was the problem experienced? (time of day / weather conditions, etc.):
    * Where is the problem experienced? (At home /when travelling (provide specifics of roads / intersections, etc)):
    * If the problem is experienced in a car, were you using a Bluetooth car kit? (yes / no):
    * Is the problem experienced Indoors or Outdoors?
    * Make and model of handset / device:
    * Any other information:

Please be assured that MTN is committed to solving Network Quality and Coverage problems.

Good day I just want to know why mtn have such a poor coverage in the (suburb)Sterkspruit (town)Lydenburg ,I have moved from East London to Lydenburg and I use my data card for my business and since I have moved here it has been a real problem even just trying to download an email which takes for ever ,more than 25min for 1mb wont even talk about downloading something from the net max is between 400 &900b/sec , I was told that mtn where upgrading there coverage but that was in the begging of 2007, vodacom coverage is 3g in this area why can mtn give the same seen that I pay for 3g but cant even use it due to your poor coverage . if you can't help me will it help if I buy a high gain antenna kit , and if yes will a 800 - 22000mhz 11dbi lpda help me out till mtn get there act together and give there service to the Lydenburg people which I am sure are quite a few mtn user's

My details are as follows
    <details removed>
    Last edited by ginggs; 05-04-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: remove user's details

ceguy, please send an email to coverage@mtn.co.za or call them 0839001212, that's what insider posted... and posting your actual cell numbers here with an address, "Can you say, Bad Idea!"
    grep|find solution

Only part of the two most common elements the universe...

I have to say I received awesome service from this helpdesk. Finally we're getting coverage where I stay.

Blog Entries

Must call the helpdesk or post an e-mail to them for assistance, then only does it fall on the laps of the coverage co ordinators, like myself for instance.
    what happens is that problems get logged on our fault logging system and we get measured according to what we do from there so we cant respond to pms or anything to that effect unless they are logged, sorry man
    Avada Kedavra!

i left them an e-mail, and they havent responded yet in a while. anyone know how long it will take?

yeah I also mailed them (during office hours yesterday) and haven't heard back. Any ideas how long it should take?

Don't count on response. I work for a large corporate client who uses MTN exclusively. We lodged a call in the Rustenburg area, because of absolutely pathetic coverage and dropped calls, to the extent that we were considering going to VC. Got initial response, even had a guy come out to site. Everyone agreed there is a problem and had to be addressed. We even offered up one of our own radio masts with generator power, etc for a new cell. Then nothing. I have tried unsuccessfully to get any reply from them again. We are extremely dissatisfied with MTN at the moment. I cannot make a call longer than about two minutes, as it WILL get dropped.

yip still waiting - I'd rather deal with sars, they are quicker off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    we cant respond to pms or anything to that effect (

Damn Snakes, that's terrible. Every month!

BTW I was under the impression that you were male.
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Talking WoW people on theother end of a telephone at MTN that are not mindless drones

I am in the process of dealing with this help desk and what a pleasant surprise

Well Done MTN

Default Thanks Guys

I just called the number and spoke with a very helpful person. He stated that there IS 3G coverage in my area but was totally honest about them receiving complaints regarding coverage in my area from subscribers.

I wanna port from Vodacon to MTN cos MTN doesnt want massive pay-ins for the Omnia and the Blackberry Bold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Voider72 View Post
    I just called the number and spoke with a very helpful person. He stated that there IS 3G coverage in my area but was totally honest about them receiving complaints regarding coverage in my area from subscribers.

I wanna port from Vodacon to MTN cos MTN doesnt want massive pay-ins for the Omnia and the Blackberry Bold

Pm me your details (ie address,name and cell number) and il ensure someone from our coverage helpdesk logs this and allocates to a co ordinator for further assistance.
    Avada Kedavra!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Great Service!

Yoh I must say MTN is taking their coverage of clients seriously! Had a guy on site in 3 days!! Thumbs up MTN!

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast