Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: This is what traffic cameras SHOULD be used for...

Angry This is what traffic cameras SHOULD be used for...

There are some places I welcome speed cameras, like in areas where cars need to trun onto a road with a limit of say 80km/h but everyone drives 100km/h. I have no problem with a speed camera on such scenes.

I do have a huge problem with speed cameras in open roads where they are just set up to make money.

If they really want to make money AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL why not use those cameras to catch people that drive WITH THEIR FOG LIGHTS ON !

Firstly people with fog lights on their cars can afford these fines. Secondly, we have so little fog in SA yet I see many cars driving with these damn things on. Rear foglights are the worst... Especially 3series and 206 ones.

Why aren't there any foglight cameras in SA but loads of useless speed cameras ?
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

How do you logically conclude that if I have fog lights on my car I can afford the fines?... I bought my car for R25k and it has foglights.....

I agree with the first part of your post regarding sections where the road has a limit and ppl joining it are speeding.. but your fog light rant is just that, a rant and has no logical grounding in terms of affordability or even breaking any rules of the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Grandmaster

even though there isnt any fog, light coming from a car makes the more visible. Any many of them just turn them selves on... dont know why you make such a big fuss out of it...
    Trouble with Windows - re boot
    Trouble with Linux - be Root

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicBunny View Post
    ...but your fog light rant is just that, a rant and has no logical grounding in terms of affordability or even breaking any rules of the road.
    http://www.lawlibrary.co.za/notice/u...01/issue44.htm
    Inappropriate fog light use - R100
    What they define as "inappropriate" is another question.

If they don't define what they term as inappropriate then good luck in them enforcing such a pointless law.

Blog Entries

Ooooh, fog light cameras... That will be fun

Dress up as a monster and flash my 2 million candlelight torch at them

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Telkomisaloser View Post
    Ooooh, fog light cameras... That will be fun

Dress up as a monster and flash my 2 million candlelight torch at them
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Lovely TIAL...

That is such an idea, I'm gonna rig up a 2million candlepower light assembly to hook onto my car... surely that should blind pretty much every camera that focuses on my car

Well, if you drive a bike, you have to legally drive day and night with your lights on. You don't have to with cars if you have good visibility, but it's not against the law if you do.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

Yes, inappropriate use is against the law. Perhaps we should then focus on what is appropriate use of fog lights. Geez, this is a tuff one, but I think the key is in the name - FOG lights - mmm, I guess appropriate use for FOG lights would be in FOG ?

Have you ever driven behind someone that has their fog lights on ? Rear fog lights in non foggy conditions is are primary sources of road rage...
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

How can improving your visibility on the road get you fined R100??? This is preposterous and a complete outrage! Rather fine those bloody taxis that drives on the pavement with NO LIGHTS and obstruct the traffic!

I love my fog lights and I will ALWAYS drive with them on! It doesn't bother except one person! The more visible I appear on the roads at night, the safer I feel...p.s. I don't use my rear fog light...

To get back to the original thread

I completely agree with you. Where I live you have to turn into a main road where there is no stop sign or robot to slow the traffic down even though the limit is only 60km/h which would've been fine if everyone abided by that limit but now they come speeding down that road at speeds that heaven would forbid! It makes it impossible to get onto that road which sadly forces you to take a detour of about 4-5km just to get onto that road! This really aggravates me the same way it does you! Put cameras up for 60km/h where they are more needed then on open roads with 120km/h limits!
    ------------------------------------
    <((...::: ((L-N)) :::...))>
    --------------------------

What exactly is the problem with fog lights? Most new cars have the option to cancel the rear fog light whilst keeping the front ones on.

Do they blind you in someway (the front ones) ? or is it just the irritation factor?

Just trying to see where you're coming from. Most modern cars are even advertised with their fog lights on, in brochures and adverts. I personally have no issue with them.
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
    Mr Garrison, South Park

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Nikon View Post
    I love my fog lights and I will ALWAYS drive with them on! It doesn't bother except one person! The more visible I appear on the roads at night, the safer I feel...p.s. I don't use my rear fog light...
    Stop being a show-off - fog lights are for ... wait for it.... FOG. Sure, I could also reason that driving with my brights on all the time improves my visibility, but that is at the cost of blinding other drivers - which is a bigger danger.

However, thanks - and I mean BIG THANKS - for not using your rear fog lights. Glad to see that others also agree there is a place and time for speed traps and wide open roads are not the right place.

Fog lights are for low visibility (<100m for example). A person who dazzles other road users particularly at night when visibility is good is nothing more than an inconsiderate road user, even if the law is vague.

The ambiant lighting you create by having them on is totally pointless, it serves to reduce the effectiveness of your night vision. You'll do the same to other drivers when blinding them with your rear red fog light.

Fog lights light below the head lights which makes it impossible to blind other users unless they drive a boxcar! So I don't think this has got anything to do with "showing off" or "blinding users", I think someone is jealous!

+1
    ------------------------------------
    <((...::: ((L-N)) :::...))>
    --------------------------

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast