Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast

Thread: General Photography

Super Grandmaster

Interesting.

MyBB Legend

Are there any other websites that offer good reviews on DLSRs? I usually use dpreview.com and visit a few others, but how "reliable" is dpreview? Are they biased? So far I have based all my DLSR decisions on what I read on dpreview, but if they're not all that accurate, then I would like to read elsewhere.

MyBB Legend
    Last edited by mercurial; 17-11-2008 at 02:08 PM.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    Are there any other websites that offer good reviews on DLSRs? I usually use dpreview.com and visit a few others, but how "reliable" is dpreview? Are they biased? So far I have based all my DLSR decisions on what I read on dpreview, but if they're not all that accurate, then I would like to read elsewhere.
    Rule of thumb (for me at least): Ignore *all* subjective comments in any review. One man's "fiddly" is another man's "intuitive" - you know how it goes. Read the details that's irrefutable fact, look at the sample images, then go try it out.

dpreview is about the most detailed reviews out there. I find that after reading their reviews, I don't find anything else I haven't already read.

MyBB Legend

Ok thanks. It's just a bit difficult to sometimes judge if what they are presenting are genuine, in terms of their samples etc... Most of their reviews indicates that Canon is better. Either that, or they are biased.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    When everyone has a public voice, we see how many people just don't have anything interesting to communicate
    Sportslinks

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Thanks. I think I should add them to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when the xmas shopping season generally begins. Its generally utter chaos in the retail stores because there are massive sales.

EDIT - imo there isnt much of a difference between second hand and demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandana View Post
    *wonders when black friday is....

morning everyone

guys here is my question of the day...

when concidering buying a demo camera... what should you be looking out for? what questions do you ask? what needs to be checked etc... and whats the difference between a demo model and a 2nd hand unit?

*pours the coffee and waits.
    When I was looking for a camera (got it on saturday) I found out most demo models come with a 3 month warnt. Also IMO demo's are a bit of a safer buy unless you know the person atleast a little from which you are buying second hand(to be read as:"I don't know enough about cameras to tell when I am being BS'ed ).
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

MyBB Legend

I found an interesting site that shows the write speeds of various DSLRs. You can select your camera from a drop-down list and it shows you the speeds at which the cameras wrote the images to the memory cards. There are many different types of cameras and memory cards used.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/cam...?cid=6007-9257

EDIT: It basically shows you that those amazing speeds that they promise, are only when you are transferring the images from the camera to the pc. You will probably never get those speeds at writing to the camera.
    Last edited by mercurial; 21-11-2008 at 08:18 AM.

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tun@ View Post
    I totally forgot about that. Thanks.

MyBB Legend

Does it matter which card reader I get? Will the speeds be slower if I get one of those that can read almost all different types of cards? Does the Extreme reader really perform better?

Super Grandmaster

The Extreme performs very well - better than the built-in all-in-one that my HP laptop had. Can't say much beyond that - I've only ever had this one and the built-in one.

I handled a canon last night and I am happy that I went Nikon, was cool to have 15 focus points though
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast