Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Xbox 360 Codecs to Play Videos - Help

Master

Question Xbox 360 Codecs to Play Videos - Help

Hi..

Really need some help!

I logged onto xbox live and installed the codecs to watch videos.

However, if I turn the console off, and then on again, the videos cant find the codec.
    To resolve this I have to log back onto xbox live and only then will it play the codecs (no install needed again)

My other xbox did the once off install and works everytime, without xbox live signed in first.

Any advise?

Thanks

Delete the codecs. then create a seperate live account redownload the codecs with that account ! see if the videos are able to play offline (it should) then u can delete that account and use ur original account to play videos offline !

I had the same problem when i replaced my console and doing that fixed it ! if its videos downloaded from live ie. trailers redownload that also after u have downloaded the codecs to make it play offline.

IT's the drm security feature of the console thats why its such a hassle.
    Setting the NFS Standard

Quote Originally Posted by doobiwan View Post
    While that must have taken some thought, DOHC-WP kills you by sheer weight of flamebait

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    Delete the codecs. then create a seperate live account redownload the codecs with that account ! see if the videos are able to play offline (it should) then u can delete that account and use ur original account to play videos offline !

I had the same problem when i replaced my console and doing that fixed it ! if its videos downloaded from live ie. trailers redownload that also after u have downloaded the codecs to make it play offline.

IT's the drm security feature of the console thats why its such a hassle.
    Thanks.. what you say is possible.

I used the same gametag as the other xbox when installing the codecs.

Do you know what I need to uninstall? Is it 'Optional updates'?

thanks

under system items on the Hard disk there is 2 things called optional media update and video bookmark data delete both those files and redownload it the way i explained above, ur videos should be able to play offline after doing all of that.
    Setting the NFS Standard

Quote Originally Posted by doobiwan View Post
    While that must have taken some thought, DOHC-WP kills you by sheer weight of flamebait

yes, dohc-wp is right, i also use the same method when i swop my hdd around my consoles and video refuses to play.