Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you get your vehicle license disc at the postoffice?

Default Can you get your vehicle license disc at the postoffice?

I was stopped by a traffic officer today - who pointed out that my Vehicle License has expired. I never received my renewal in the post and thus forgot all about it. As I have just started a new job and would hate to explain to my new boss why i have to take off so early in my new career, I would like to know if there is an easier way I can get that disc. My father in law mentioned that I can take the page which the previous license was cut out of and collect a new one from the post office...and pay my arrears as well. Can it honestly be so easy? And do I get it instantly? I really hope I can get it straight away as I need my car licensed to get to work

The quick answer: Yes

Since when can one renew a car licence at the Post Office??
    "Don't do things that prove others wrong,
    do things that prove you right."

Since a good few years.
    Not all Post Offices though, only at selected ones.

In Durban, it can be done at the Westville Post Office.
    No queue at all, compared to the few hours one has to wait at the licensing offices.

Blog Entries

where are you from Darkcelsius?
    www.houseofmyglory.com
    I only use Ozone Friendly Language

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

You guys just reminded me, mine expred on the 29th of October and I am yet to renew it.
    I was told that you can do so via FNB Cellphone Banking. Is it so?
    If the grass is greener on the other side, it probably has more poep in it

I think it depends on your area but we'vebeen able to do it here in PE for the past couple of years . . . it's made life so much easier.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Exclamation Licence Renewals

Can anybody help..! I am carrently staying in Lesotho and I have just bought this car from somebody who happens to be my friend in Gauteng and licence for this car has expired. Do I have to go to Gauteng to renew this licence or should I just go anywhere in Free State to renew?

I am desparate since I cannot go anywhere with this car because this licence expired in June this year.
    I also hear that I can renew from post office can this be done in Free State?

post office renewals not available yet in Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by richardf View Post
    post office renewals not available yet in Gauteng
    It is now: eNaTIS expands service footprint

Does anybody know what documentation you must take with you?
    ANC now doing a better job sabotaging infrastructure than when it had a policy to sabotage infrastructure in 70s + 80s'

Hi there, my GP car licence disc is up for renewal at the end of this month ( July ) but am in Durban for a couple of months on biz.. Can I renew it here? I have my Assessment with me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Easydoc View Post
    Hi there, my GP car licence disc is up for renewal at the end of this month ( July ) but am in Durban for a couple of months on biz.. Can I renew it here? I have my Assessment with me.
    No, you have to renew it within the geographic borders of your licensing area. Johannesburg = a Johannesburg Post Office, Ekurhuleni = an Ekurhuleni Post Office, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    No, you have to renew it within the geographic borders of your licensing area. Johannesburg = a Johannesburg Post Office, Ekurhuleni = an Ekurhuleni Post Office, etc.
    Thx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Easydoc View Post
    Thx
    Think you can get a family member/friend to get new license and post it to you, that's what I did here.

Also have GP number plate in PMB

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo View Post
    Think you can get a family member/friend to get new license and post it to you, that's what I did here.

Also have GP number plate in PMB
    That depends on how they are feeling at the licensing offices, it seems...

In Dec last year we were travelling to Bloem and went through a routine stop - they also pointed out that it was going to expire soon but said that we could renew in Bloem (yeah right...). My mother still had the paperwork at her place so took it to get renewed so she could send it to me, but they said it was not allowed.

Yet I heard that a friend's relative did the same for him and it was allowed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast