Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Charity Circle Entry forms (Win a car etc.)

Default Charity Circle Entry forms (Win a car etc.)

In the latest CAR magazine, there is one of those Charity Circle Entry forms - you know, the foldout brochure with a fancy car on the front and two "entry counterfoils" with 10 printed lucky numbers on them. "You could already be a winner!". They also give you 2 envelopes. One says "NO, i can't donate, but please check if i'm a winner" and the other "YES, i will donate, please tell me if i'm a winner."

Does anyone know if this is genuine or if anyone ever wins anything? It seems to me like the only winners are those with VIP memberships to donate every month. Or they are fake pictures and no-one ever wins.

St John's Ambulance used to send out similar brochures with magazines.

Should I even bother with this?

You've got nothing to loose They even provide you with the envelopes

Give it a shot. You never know
    ------------------------------------
    <((...::: ((L-N)) :::...))>
    --------------------------

I donated about R100 to them every month for ages and never won anything, but I'm sure it's very genuine. The money goes to worthy charities and you stand a tiiiiny chance of winning something cool. Win-win imho.

Ok thanks for the replies. I just don't get how they give away 700k Audi's and Merc's as prizes, then expect R100 donations to pay for that and the charity. Anyway, I will probably give it a go for the hell of it.

Default Just G

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz{M} View Post
    In the latest CAR magazine, there is one of those Charity Circle Entry forms - you know, the foldout brochure with a fancy car on the front and two "entry counterfoils" with 10 printed lucky numbers on them. "You could already be a winner!". They also give you 2 envelopes. One says "NO, i can't donate, but please check if i'm a winner" and the other "YES, i will donate, please tell me if i'm a winner."

Does anyone know if this is genuine or if anyone ever wins anything? It seems to me like the only winners are those with VIP memberships to donate every month. Or they are fake pictures and no-one ever wins.

St John's Ambulance used to send out similar brochures with magazines.

Should I even bother with this?
    Don't do it! Burnt my fingers - don't think it is real. Just sent e-mail to cancel stop order on my bank account with immediate effect. Do not be drawn in with emotions or feelings of guilt, like I did. To obtain more information, recommend you make contact with them, as advertised on IDS Directory on the Internet and address queries to either Debbie or Melanie Birch at:

The Charity Circle:
    021 4186184 or email theteam@winnersfamily.co.za. For any queries regarding your donation to The Charity Circle pls call Debbie on 021 4214484 or email vip@thecharitycircle.co.za.

Just as one of the other respondents to your query stated, once hooked, receive no further contact or communiques of any form. Also, monthly withdrawals are only from St John's Ambulance which is very odd for a charity administrator who advertises that they assist various charities. Your choice, but I would think very seriously about committing.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

If its too good to be true it probably is..

Quote Originally Posted by gcosborn View Post
    Don't do it! Burnt my fingers - don't think it is real. Just sent e-mail to cancel stop order on my bank account with immediate effect. Do not be drawn in with emotions or feelings of guilt, like I did. To obtain more information, recommend you make contact with them, as advertised on IDS Directory on the Internet and address queries to either Debbie or Melanie Birch at:

The Charity Circle:
    021 4186184 or email theteam@winnersfamily.co.za. For any queries regarding your donation to The Charity Circle pls call Debbie on 021 4214484 or email vip@thecharitycircle.co.za.

Just as one of the other respondents to your query stated, once hooked, receive no further contact or communiques of any form. Also, monthly withdrawals are only from St John's Ambulance which is very odd for a charity administrator who advertises that they assist various charities. Your choice, but I would think very seriously about committing.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.
    My understanding of The Charity Circle is that they raise fund together to help others. They have four charities under this one umbrella and St John administer the account thats why you see St John Ambulance on your statement. Strange I received an acknowledge letter and VIP Supporters card when I joined and I do not have any problem with the way they handle things. I also receive quarterly updates on a regular basis and I know that the donations received goes to all the charities i.e. Childline S.A, Age-in-Action and St John and Avril Elizabeth. Maybe if we give donations with the thought of helping those in need and not with the thought of winning a car we might have a different view.I am happy with the good works they do......Just my thoughts....no hard feelings.

Default Undeliverable mail to Charity Circle

I tried to contact Charity Circle at the address supplied, but this is what I got:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'vip@thecharitycircle.co.za.' on 1/8/2011 5:26 AM
    Invalid recipient

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

'theteam@winnersfamily.co.za.' on 1/8/2011 5:28 AM
    Invalid recipient"

Makes me wonder ...

Cool

I am a paid up member of charity circle but i don't know where to change my address.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxstax View Post
    I tried to contact Charity Circle at the address supplied, but this is what I got:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

'vip@thecharitycircle.co.za.' on 1/8/2011 5:26 AM
    Invalid recipient

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

'theteam@winnersfamily.co.za.' on 1/8/2011 5:28 AM
    Invalid recipient"

Makes me wonder ...
    Have you tried again? I got through to both emails during that week. Maybe they were offline

you can call them 021 4214484 or email vip@thecharitycircle.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by stephanusdm View Post
    I am a paid up member of charity circle but i don't know where to change my address.
    call them 0214214484 or email vip@thecharitycircle.co.za

With no presence on the web. No obvious access to information on the organisation. No obvious registration as a charity. Free entries to all and sundry for great prizes. No responses as shown above, to phone or email. THIS MUST BE A SCAM!

Maybe we should check with StJohn Ambulance and the other listed charities??

I can indeed confirm that the Charity Circle makes a significant contribution towards the donations received by St John, Childline, Age in Action as well as the Avril Elizabeth Home. Without these donations, the four registered non-profit organisations would not be able to carry out many of the essential projects managed under their respective care, within their various areas of expertise.

Charity Circle itself is not a non-profit organisation but instead a vehicle for raising funds on behalf of the four beneficiary charities.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have supported this initiative for all your support in the past and hopefully your support in the future. Organisations such as ours rely on the generosity and kindness of people like you in order to make differences in the lives of those who need help the most.

Should you have any further queries relating to Charity Circle please do not hesitate to contact Melanie Birch at Charity Circle on
    021 418 9660 or send an email to theteam@winnersfamily.co.za.

Kind regards
    Sarah L. Heep
    Marketing Officer
    The Priory for South Africa of the Order of St John
    www.stjohn.org.za

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast