Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: ICASA looses in court

Grandmaster

Default ICASA looses in court

Beeld (paper copy) of 1 July reports that Radio Pretoria won against ICASA.

As I understand, ICASA denied Radio Pretoria a 4 year broadcasting license and ruled that they stop broadcasting on 30 June.

They court (as I understand the report) ruled that they may continue to broadcast until all revisions and appeals are completed.

And the most important part of the report:

3 other community radio stations were awarded similar reprieve from the court during the previous week (Radio Ripple, Vaal Community and Impact)

Is this indicative of regulatory chaos at ICASA?

South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.

Blog Entries

I believe this is normal procedure. For the radio indsutry at least. ICASA makes a decision but coupled with that decision comes a defacto right to appeal. Thus it doesn't mean ICASA lost. Not at all...

I would keep a close eye on the printed media for more on this.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kaspaas</i>
    <br />Beeld (paper copy) of 1 July reports that Radio Pretoria won against ICASA.

As I understand, ICASA denied Radio Pretoria a 4 year broadcasting license and ruled that they stop broadcasting on 30 June.

They court (as I understand the report) ruled that they may continue to broadcast until all revisions and appeals are completed.

And the most important part of the report:

3 other community radio stations were awarded similar reprieve from the court during the previous week (Radio Ripple, Vaal Community and Impact)

Is this indicative of regulatory chaos at ICASA?

South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

He who does not understand the value of war at the right time, cannot comprehend the value of life at any time - Anonymous