Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Am off to UCT

Default Am off to UCT

So have got a spot at UCT to do my honours in Information Systems next year. Yeah fun times.

But i did my bcom at UNISA and the programming languages they studied are different from the ones i did. Sooooo...

I did SQL and Delphi and they did .NET and Visual Studio, was wondering how much different VS is to Delphi and can i get the hang of VS before Feb next year or am i going to play catch up most of next year?
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Well, visual studio is a program in which you code.. within it you can code in VB.net, c#, c++. So find out which one you will be doing, download visual studio from MS website (90 day free trial) and start playing around. Maybe get some books on the specific language you gonna do.

Visual Studio is cool, i am doing my BTECH next year, and we have been programing in C# for about 4 years now, If you need help give me a PM and i give it a shot.

give asp.net a shot as well with c# as code behind.

well done man! good luck!

Thanks will have a look see at what they did in VS and come back to you all.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====