Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thyroid Problems?

Blog Entries

Unhappy Thyroid Problems?

Anybody have thyroid problems?
    Iím gaining weight by the day Iím like a balloon, we have ruled out the obvious, now Iím starting to wonder this thyroid gland thing (Iím a believer that most fat people have only one gland problem and thatís the taste gland..) I have been eating sensibly Iím not snacking because I stopped smoking we eat salad and veg every day. (Small portions) of meat and carbs, we gym and do lots and lots of cardio (Thanx to the trainer)and this is not muscle mass I promise, this is fat and centimeters on all the wrong places. I have never struggled with my weight (naturally skinny and tall) WTF is this Iím gaining 2kg a week!!!

So have any of yu had this problem know of someone who did? (Iím not talking about the normal fat over eating obese people that blame their thyroid)

http://www.showcook.co.za/thyroid.htm

Found this site but the symptoms is very vague.. I have all of them just not the heart rateÖ
    I hate hypochondriacs, and feel stupid going to the doctor and saying Iím fat because my thyroidÖhe is going to think Iím looking for attentionÖ

Please help if you canÖ

I have hypothyroidism. It's quite easy to treat. Get it confirmed with a blood test from your doctor and then it's just a little pill once a day to stabilise it.

Blog Entries

Oh tx!!!

I picked up 17kgs in the last year, 10 of it in the last 4 weeks.... it's just not possible to be normal... not for the amount of food that i eat and the exercise i get...

I sommer kiss you!!

Super Grandmaster

My future mother-in-law's thyroid gland's also funny and I new someone who had part of it removed due to a cancerous tumour growing on it. With the latter, the guy could eat pretty much anything and not gain weight, due to the meds he had to take, pushing his metabolism up, but with the former, if she doesn't drink her medication, she also gains a lot of weight quickly. As Gazer said, it's easy to treat and a blood test will confirm whether you actually have a thyroid problem, within a few days.

Can i ask if you do any sort of exercise?

Blog Entries

Jip four times a week with a trainer, lots and lost of cardio and then weights, for 60 min a day i sweat like a pig

Thyroid test's your best bet. Don't be ashamed of asking your doctor for anything, that's what you pay them for. If they don't want your money, you can take it somewhere else.

Still put on 17kgs? i'm assuming you only started this recently?

If you have been going this hectic and still put on 17kgs then yea you must have a problem.

Blog Entries

Picked up 10 in the last 4 weeks been going to the gym for 6 almost 7 weeks (with the trainer) The other seven didn't pile on that fast. about a kg a month.... that was just me not going to the gym and being lazy... but the last 10 is in 4 weeks.

This is really bad... it makes you want to sit down stuff your face and screw the healthy food since it's not working.

I was a skinny (53kg) person who ate mcdonalds and scooters, then last year this time i decided i'm going the healthy way, planted my own veggie garden i hardly ever have bread if i do it's the high GI seed bread (one slice) I eat small portions more often.

And i have to say my BF asked me if i do not want to go to the doctor cause he cannot see what i'm doing wrong and he is seeing me picking up weight...

I do not have a chance to cheat we work and live together. (just in case you think i'm a night eater)

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by adelp View Post
    I do not have a chance to cheat we work and live together. (just in case you think i'm a night eater)
    I really doubt anyone here's doubting the authenticity of your claim. If you're lying, you're only bluffing yourself. My advice would be to not leave it too long. It's just a trip to the doctor that can possibly save you a LOT of trouble in the future.

Super Grandmaster

I have an under active thyroid, I also put on weight. Did all the blood tests and the Dr put me on medication, which seemed to have helped. You can eat the right foods and exercise but you have to take the medication as well.

Rather go to the Dr and check and be certain.

Yeah, you have to go to the dr - unfortunately it's not something you can diagnose based on symptoms, you have to have the blood test done to know for sure.

Look regardless of what you eat, if you do enough exercise you should not be picking the weight up this fast if your gyming.

Have you ever thought the way you are eating now is bad for you? i mean changing your diet over night would shock your system. This weight is fat for sure and not muscle right? i know it sounds like a silly question.

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Still put on 17kgs? i'm assuming you only started this recently?

If you have been going this hectic and still put on 17kgs then yea you must have a problem.
    Sure ur not preggies?
    "Don't be in a hurry, Death will find you." - spiderz, 16/01/2014

Lol i don't think you pick up weight that quickly when preggies unless it one flippin huge baby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast