I have my national diploma in electrical engineering (specialized in programming) from a technikon. I have been working for a few years now in software development, specifically C#. I'm thinking about getting MCPD certification, but the info on the internets is too confusing, I have no idea how to approach it.
- As I understand you first need to write the two exams to get MCTS and then another 1 to get MCPD. That right?
- Is it mandatory to attend classes, or can you study using books/online resources and simply write the exams. Where do you write the exams (online or at a physical place)? I'm based in Cape Town.
- Ballpark figures. What will it cost to only write the exams vs. what it will cost to go to the classes first.
- How long does it take to get certified. i.e. Is it a one-week course or does it take months of studying?
- To anyone who is an MCPD, is it worth it?