Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Cipralex withdrawal symptoms

Default Cipralex withdrawal symptoms

Hi

I've been tapering off my intake of the anti-depro, Cipralex, to the point where I've been totally off it for 4 days now. Been on 12.5 mg for 4 years. The side-effects / withdrawal symptoms are awkward and I'm wondering how long these feelings of brain 'storms', nausea, hypo - hyper mania, dizziness will last. If you've been through this, pls let me know. It feels as if I'm losing it OR have already lost it. Whatever IT is. It literally feels as if a circuit spike happens where my brain was before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stabilo View Post
    Hi

I've been tapering off my intake of the anti-depro, Cipralex, to the point where I've been totally off it for 4 days now. Been on 12.5 mg for 4 years. The side-effects / withdrawal symptoms are awkward and I'm wondering how long these feelings of brain 'storms', nausea, hypo - hyper mania, dizziness will last. If you've been through this, pls let me know. It feels as if I'm losing it OR have already lost it. Whatever IT is. It literally feels as if a circuit spike happens where my brain was before.
    well your body has to learn to put back its own mood stabilizer, i would recommend you rather take like half a pill if you took a whole, and just make it littler and littler because otherwise you might land up in bigger trouble...

Default Cipralex

Thanks, but that is what I've been doing ! Maybe i'm doing it wrong. Dunno.

Thanks, but that is what I've been doing ! Maybe i'm doing it wrong. Dunno.
    Hey dude.

You know what? Don't break your body/mind please.

Take your medication tonight as per the dosage you are supposed to. You are not supposed to just stop cold turkey with meds like this, you'll really cause a lot of damage.

You have to do this a certain way, by slowly decreasing dosage as prescribed by a doctor or medical professional.

Take my word for it, I've been on a lot of stuff
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

you're right ... thanks!

you're right ... thanks!
    You're right I'm right Take a dosage and go sleep it off.
    Soli Deo Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by teraside View Post
    Hey dude.

You know what? Don't break your body/mind please.

Take your medication tonight as per the dosage you are supposed to. You are not supposed to just stop cold turkey with meds like this, you'll really cause a lot of damage.

You have to do this a certain way, by slowly decreasing dosage as prescribed by a doctor or medical professional.

Take my word for it, I've been on a lot of stuff
    i completely agree.
    the only way to stop safely is to follow what your medical professional says.

Hi

Be very careful just stopping this medication, my chick did the same thing and had the same symptoms, very dangerous. You have to go off slowly and properly.

Grandmaster

Only change you medication on proffesional advice. Been there done that
    No Signature for the moment

Oh Cipralex withdrawls are fun... you end up twitching and feeling like you're being zapped in your head every few seconds especially when you move around...... And i just missed mine for 2 days... Dude the above advise is the best advise, take your dosage, and if you're serious about stopping, get professional advise and take it from there!
    .::d()b::.

Super Grandmaster

Hi

Well, I was on aropax, dunno if that is comparable to cipraelx, but I was only on it for about 5 months. Took me a little over a month for the withdrawal symptoms to cease. I went off cold turkey tho cause I could no longer afford meds haha Had all the usual symptoms, aswell as VERY intense dreams.
    Last edited by TheHiveMind; 08-12-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Yeah, it's comparable. They're both SSRI's (Selective Seratonin Re-uptake Inhibitors), so they work by the same mechanism. I was on several different SSRI's, they all gave me hallucinations, but I remember very little of the withdrawal period.

Speak to a doctor, as mentioned above. Preferably a psychiatrist.

Hello all!

So, I had been taking Cip for about a year to help out with my GAD.. A few months ago, my GP and I decided that I can work my way off them. I had originally started on 10mg, then upped to 20mg.. The tapering process included going down to 15, 10, 5. No, I'm on day 5 without them, and the brain zaps are coming back now intermittently, but the worst of the side effects that I've been experiencing is the dizziness, not that the zaps are all that much fun either. On the upside, I'm not feeling depressed at all, but then, it wasn't to relieve depression. I'm also not feeling all that anxious about anything. No, the only withdrawal symptoms I'm having is the zaps and dizziness, added with a general fogginess of thought. Any ideas as to when I could expect this to end?! I have enough for 5 more 5mg doses if I have to, but I'd really rather not take them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wesorlik View Post
    Hello all!

So, I had been taking Cip for about a year to help out with my GAD.. A few months ago, my GP and I decided that I can work my way off them. I had originally started on 10mg, then upped to 20mg.. The tapering process included going down to 15, 10, 5. No, I'm on day 5 without them, and the brain zaps are coming back now intermittently, but the worst of the side effects that I've been experiencing is the dizziness, not that the zaps are all that much fun either. On the upside, I'm not feeling depressed at all, but then, it wasn't to relieve depression. I'm also not feeling all that anxious about anything. No, the only withdrawal symptoms I'm having is the zaps and dizziness, added with a general fogginess of thought. Any ideas as to when I could expect this to end?! I have enough for 5 more 5mg doses if I have to, but I'd really rather not take them anymore.

I tried to reply this afternoon, but my message was lost.

Stress makes the Zaps worse, so try to relax, take a warm bath. Don't be heavy on caffiene and stay away from alcohol.

The zaps will be gone completely about 3 days after the meds are left, finish the prescription as your GP advised, leaving it now will be worse.

For the diziness, eat a chocolate, some toast with marmite or bovril or salt and vi****r chips.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Soli Deo Gloria

i did this cold turkey in 2004. i had a carp load of tablets the psychiatrist had me on for supposed depression after the death of my son. was determined afterwards that i shouldn't have been on them at all. it was making me more depressed to the point of me at one point trying to commit suicide. to this day i have no idea why i got to that point in my life. i still maintain it was all those pink, blue, white, yellow, red, purple pills i was taking. luckily for me the psychiatrist on call made me stay in hospital for 3 days when i decided to stop altogether on day one.
    well let me just say this................it was no fun. it lasts for about 2/3 weeks and you think it will never end. it drags on and on and times i almost thought i would submit and just take the darn pills to get rid of the ill feelings and pain i was experiencing.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast