Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Audi et al > Bugatti Veyron??

Super Grandmaster

Default Audi et al > Bugatti Veyron??

Received an email this morning containing some interesting statistics, but this one looks like it might not be entirely true. Anyone else know better? I mean, the Veyron is the 'slowest' of all 10 these cars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Are the rest of them true production/road legal vehicles?
    ~ Those who think they know it all are an annoyance to those of us that do ~

Super Grandmaster

Yup, looks like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

The veyron should be 2.5s 0-60mph from what I remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Yup, looks like it!
    Interesting. The Veyron is a heavy bugger though...I wonder if the cars above it on the sprint times have top speeds to compete with the Veyron?
    ~ Those who think they know it all are an annoyance to those of us that do ~

The Renault F1 is definitely not a production car. Its a MPV that they installed the (2004 IIRC) Renault Formula 1 engine into. No idea why, but I'm guessing it could be fun pulling up to a guy in a Ferrari at a robot and smoking him with your people carrier... hahaha... my bet is he'll drive his car straight back to the dealer and tell them it's broken!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_za View Post
    The Renault F1 is definitely not a production car. Its a MPV that they installed the (2004 IIRC) Renault Formula 1 engine into. No idea why, but I'm guessing it could be fun pulling up to a guy in a Ferrari at a robot and smoking him with your people carrier... hahaha... my bet is he'll drive his car straight back to the dealer and tell them it's broken!

smoke 'em!

Here's a list I would trust, they seem to have a lot of info on the site

http://www.supercars.net/lists/zerotosixty.html

And a link to the Renault

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1672.html

Rubbish this is. The two Dauer 962s are real though, those cars manage to accelerate that quickly in part because their gearing is so long that they hit 100km/h in first gear, so no time wasting gearshifts... the others are largely pure imagination - not the cars, but the times.

2.9s for a stock Viper GTS-R - lol!
    And that Hennessy TT. It's a Viper 8.2-litre V10 with twin turbos. Certainly all the power in the world, but there's no way it would get the traction for a 2.7s 0-100 run unless you were doing the run on a track made of superglue.
    The Camaro ZL1 is a concept, so this is just theoretical data.
    The Callaway Corvette is real, and very fast, but again I doubt the traction would be there for such a time.
    Renault Espace, well yes it's a once-off F1 car in an Espace skin so that's feasible.
    Audi Avus Quattro - concept.

So no, these are theoretical calculations based on pur power/weight/gearing calculations, and not taking the real world of traction into account. Pretty sure the Veyron would murder the lot of them, save for the Dauers and the Espace F1. It is heavy yes, that's why VW gave it 1000 bhp!

Yeah, i'm with Beam on this...

The only "production" car in that list is the Bugatti... the rest of limited runs of heavily souped up and modified production cars or concepts. And the Bugatti does 2.6s zero - 60mph(100kmh)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Grandmaster

well maybe till 100 km/h. but than the veyron will kick all their butt to the 250 mph marc
    Trouble with Windows - re boot
    Trouble with Linux - be Root

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Isn't the Ariel Atom as fast as some of those and it's production. Also that funny purple thing that Jeremy Clarkson drove that made him *** in his broek it was so quick.

I actually saw an Atom on a trailer leaving Killarney the other day. Nice little piece of kit.

Don't see the Ariel Atom? Time to 100km/h is 2.9sec if I remember correctly.

I've never seen a supercar race that only stops at 60mp/h... that makes the stats a bit useless. The Veyron can't be compared just on performance, if you've seen Top Gear's Veyron Challenge (Race from Italy to London), you'll know what I'm talking about. There is nothing on earth like it...

If you're out for performance, get the Atom 500. Easy.
    Librarian - The original search engine

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by foozball3000 View Post
    I've never seen a supercar race that only stops at 60mp/h... that makes the stats a bit useless. The Veyron can't be compared just on performance, if you've seen Top Gear's Veyron Challenge (Race from Italy to London), you'll know what I'm talking about. There is nothing on earth like it...

If you're out for performance, get the Atom 500. Easy.
    Huh, every single stats page for any new car has a 0-62 rating.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast