Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Contracts and whatnot

Default Contracts and whatnot

OK no, I know a few people have said this already, but dont count your chickens before they hatch. I wish I was a startup similar to that of iBurst, Sentech (yesyes I know Sentech isn't a startup per say). It's the easiest thing in the world to get you guys all hyped up about a new service - Telkom really have disillusioned us! It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I hope most of you realise that the same excited chanting occured when Mega**** came into being, then Telkom ADSL and finally Sentech MyLoss. Of course you all know what followed. History repeats itself! Dont go through life wearing blinkers [8D]

Anyway, back to my subject. I haven't scoured all the threads but I think that if iBurst really want to prove themselves and show a certain amount of trust in their product/infrastructure they would offer either a month-2-month or 6 month contract. I know they have to make back their initial outlay, but if they are so secure in the stability/reliability of this solution they should also be secure in the knowledge that they will be one of the only working and affordable solution providers of their kind (in .za). Being THAT much will guarantee them a sizeable customer base.

Just a thought. Use it, dont use it.

Celery

Grandmaster

I agree also the other point is that TElSCAM and sentech want to make sure they get ROI for every customer ASAP so they charge you abismall rates amongst other things.
    If i was IBURST i would lower my prices, not by a hundred rand lower than the other ones 512 offering but rather halving the cost. If they would do that and also implement the 2 or 6 month contract then they would have my full support and most likely have a huge influx of customers owning to the fact that they would be the cheapest and people are so disillusioned with the other two failures.

Proud South african rip offs.

Grandmaster

I also agree not to get too excited until the product is released but from initial indications the technology is superior to Sentech's and WBS have a lot of experience running a national network. Also from reports of testers that are dealing with WBS the company is very approachable and does not have the same mindset as Telkom and Sentech (which can only be a good thing). I'm sure their products will be priced at a point that is attractive to current "broadband" users but remember at the moment they still have to purchase bandwidth from the devil. Hopefully this will have changed by the time they launch to the public.

Perdition nice man, someone who actually understands that even though a company is opening up to supply South Africa with broadband internet, people need to understand that the company needs to be profittable to run... Bandwidth right now though telkom is priced at very stupid rates. Telkom is rated the most expensive telecoms company in the world. People need to reliese how SA is changing and within the next year or 2, we are going to see huge changes that when we reach that stage we will be looking back to today and laughing our heads off... but currently bandwidth is very expensive...