Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Advanced exchange trading - scam?

Angry

The "Mustang International" guys are still going strong.

Had a call from a Michelle this morning singing her nursery rhyme (what it sounded like).

I explained
    a) I'm not interested
    b) I wish to never be contacted again by them
    c) I wish to know where they obtained my personally identifiable info (tel nr)

Explained that b & c are as per the ECT Act. Naturally b also a per the newer CPA act.

She could not help. I asked to speak to her supervisor and got cut off - WRONG!!!

Quick research lead me to a recruitment ad at Jobspace. This led to Sharetrackin as tel: +27 12 940 0800

A quick call to Sharetrackin confirmed Mustang is a franchise of them. I was also give the Mustang tel nr as 0126431472 (which corresponds to the advert I found).

Phoned and demanded I be removed and also wished to get the identifying details of the source that supplied them my details. I'm waiting ....

Research also shows that this company has zero respect for the privacy of the consumer and is not abiding by the CPA and allowing parties to be removed from their list.

My suggestion:
    If you get a call, let the agent come visit. Be prepared and have two copies of a document ready he must sign - that they will remove you and also supply you with he identifying source of your details with 10 working days, making sure he signs it before showing him the door taking his copy with him. If he refuses to sign, press charges under the CPA and ECT Acts. Simple.

If these unethical marketeers wish to treat the consumer like trash and waste your time, treat the marketeer like trash and waste their time. I'm waiting for the next call....
    CoJ: Non es passus ut legitur meis nuntiis indicium contineat, et privatim et secreto tanquam per actus ad objectum.

Quote Originally Posted by Webber.southafrica View Post
    I fully agree with the comments made by helencatzy.

The software package being sold is called Sharetrackin and it is promoted through a telemarketing company called Mustang Marketing based in Centurion. The package costs R16,950. The commission paid to a telesales consultant is R100 per SALE. The telesales staff are not told what they are selling, but are given "training" on how to sell the unknown software package. One of the lines that the telesales person are asked to recite to the person being called is that they will get "R1000 free shares" (apart from the stale jokes and comebacks for various possible answer!)

Read more complaints here:

I placed a complaint on HelloPeter about this but it seems that HelloPeter believes this to be an "employment issue" and not a service issue. Hmmm.... I disagree, how can this be an employment issue when people are never employed and an employment contract never exists between the parties? Suspicious activity at Mustang Marketing? Definitely seems suspicious to me!

If they treat their own "staff" (unpaid) like rubbish, how do they treat their customers?

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...5.html#c962229

Mustang Marketing in Centurion, managed by Rickie, seems to be running a "use-labour-for-free" scam. They definitely get people to work for them for free. They advertise positions to new victims every week in a lot of media and on the Internet, but Mustang Marketing don't pay these poor people.

Rickie and the other managers from Mustang Marketing mistreat the call-centre staff, they belittle, manipulate and threaten the staff making these people believe that they are "THE all powerful" and that no-one can touch them. They use well known abusive controlling tactics, like those used in the army. They have no respect for anyone.

There is also a catch when people become "employed", the "staff" do NOT get employment contracts and are told that they are "on training". After a few weeks or perhaps a month, if the staff do not walk out and never return (out of their own choice),they are given a range of excuses (or threats) and told to "leave" in the rudest possible way - and of course these people walk away without getting a cent for the hours they spent calling people from lists!

This is how they have people work for them year in and year out - at zero cost!

These poor and desperate work seekers were initially promised a basic salary of R3000 a month plus commission, and they are told they can earn up to R25,000 a month.

This seems impossible because the commission is R100 per SALE. This would mean that a call centre employee would need to make 10 SALEs a day (not leads) for 22 days a month. How do you get 10 people a day to splash out that sort of money on a stock market program? I certainly don't want it, and neither does anyone else that I know, and we are all high income earners.

However, the story gets more interesting, after a bit more research, I found the post advertised on the Internet for R3550pm, but after visiting the premises and speaking to some of the people, they don't even get R3000 out a month, it is less than this. The horror stories are all the same, they all are desperate for work, and "everyone eventually leaves after they have had enough of the abuse".

Beware of these people - they certainly seem prey on the poor.

I am almost certain that several laws are being broken here and that the department of labour as well as the media should be informed so that they can investigate what is going on.

The best place to start with the media is 3rd Degree because everyone has SABC, and the SABC viewers are the most likely victims of Mustang Marketing (the low income job seekers). 3rd Degree should investigate and report their findings.

A pinhole camera works wonders.

Mustang marketing in Centurion - beware. Do not blame or hang up on the call centre, talk to the staff about the managers and how the staff is treated, tell them about the Internet and read up on other people's experiences. Remember the name - Mustang marketing!
    Sounds like the same tactic used by Medizone (also in centurion) that sell ozone or something machines...
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Rule of thumb: Never ever buy something from someone that cold calls you. Do your own investigation and pick a provider if you need something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollie View Post
    The "Mustang International" guys are still going strong....
    Quick research lead me to a recruitment ad at Jobspace. This led to Sharetrackin as tel: +27 12 940 0800 ....
    Enter into this cold calling fray "Investor's choice". Just had a call from them, guy named Fanus.

Seems our CPA and ECT acts are no match for unscrupulous and unethical businesses. When asked where my details were obtained and also to be removed from their marketing lists, the phone gets put down. Needless to say it's an unlisted number they are calling from.

A bit more digging and ...
    http://www.iol.co.za/business/personal-finance/financial-planning/investments/resist-get-rich-quick-selling-tactics-1.1054400

I also found this:
    http://www.jobmail.co.za/browse-jobs...te-verdien-tot
    INVESTOR’S CHOICE
    Verkoopskonsultante verdien tot R45 000 pm. En al jou afsprake word vir jou gemaak !
    Betroubare vervoer is n vereiste( skakel)
    Donovan;0794508857 jobs4cv2@hotmail.com
    Volledige opleiding word verskaf!!
    I phoned this number and Donovan answered. He confirmed he is working for Investor's Choice.
    I asked him for the name and number of their director. He said it's Christo Oosthuizen at 012 940 0800

Now we have come the full circle - this is the same tel nr as for "Mustang International"

I am making Christo Oosthuizen aware of this thread. He owes the public some answers. If you are a legal company or string of companies, why do you not abide by the laws?
    CoJ: Non es passus ut legitur meis nuntiis indicium contineat, et privatim et secreto tanquam per actus ad objectum.

Can all the ppl that has been scammed bi them pls put your name down that wants to take it further,as we are taking criminal and legal actions against them they are also called Crystal Ball Investments ,pls also inbox me

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hennie199468 View Post
    Can all the ppl that has been scammed bi them pls put your name down that wants to take it further,as we are taking criminal and legal actions against them they are also called Crystal Ball Investments ,pls also inbox me
    Hennie, are you laying fraud charges? If so, are you laying them against Christo Oosthuizen and Piet Volschenk?
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Hennie, are you laying fraud charges? If so, are you laying them against Christo Oosthuizen and Piet Volschenk?
    These guys are driving me nuts with their unsolicited phone calls and have been doing so on-and-off for years. Shall we maybe start a Facebook Page to get an initiative started? It will be crucial to get people who have been duped by them to join the initiative though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345