Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lier Neotel

Default Lier Neotel

their ads for NeoConnect Prime connect speed in aveerage is 300kps - 700 kps and max. will be 2.4Mps, right?
    My exp. some facts as follow,

Facts
    1. Max speed for Midrand base stations will be 200kps.

2. Max speed for Randburg base station will be 500kps.

3. 10% of time in midrand will be 300kps-400kps, 90% of time will be 200kps or less.

4. 10% of time in randburg will be 500kps - 1Mps, 90% of time will be 300kps or less.

5. If rainy, cloudily day, will drop to below 30kps, and cut you off so often.

6. Speed time is lying to you, don't believe it. The reason is the speed can be shift from 0 to 300kps in just few seconds. When you perfrom the speed test, either you cannot to the site (too slow) or you get full speed for next try. When you browsing, you have to refresh a lot of time before the connect to the site you want.

7. Cannot be multi-tasking: I often listen to the radio on net, downloading (bt) and browsing in the same time. When I have a 512k line with telkom and I've no problems. When I use Neotel, I cannot perform in the same tiem, I must stop one first and do the other one by one.

8. Conflict with applications: Some programs will crash when using Neotel manager. Stop downloading / memory conflict / halt etc.... you name it.

In here, I want to ask for any neotel user have the same experiences as I do. We have to join together and express our anger to Neotel. how possible their ads are compeletly different from their product? Is that misleading? We have to let Neotel either give our money back and cancel the contract or improve the serivce as they are in ads. in a short period of time.

Now I want to ask any person, would you like to join and we can fight back.
    Declare war to neotel and we can put the matter to court and let the lier to compensate us.

Say No to Neotel, enough is enough.
    I MISSED MY TELKOM LINE.

Lier indeed!
    The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. - Ralph W. Sockman

Agreed, These are the same issues I have, and keep on being told to have patience, but not told about the issues or resolutions.

Blog Entries

kkcheuk, I agree with alot of what you say.

Point 8, just create a manual connection and you're sorted.

I am yet to hit 300kb/s, I can't get more than 150kb/s.

I sent Neotel (the rep) a PM again this morning tell him about some tests I did this morning.

I'm not getting what was promised, I'm not getting even close to it (I am supposed to be getting inbetween 300 and 700kb/s)

But, as Neotel said, maybe there is a problem (degredation of service) so I'm holding thumbs that he can sort us out.

Reading this I am so happy I have amobia.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Blog Entries

Well, yeah, we who have Neotel are not exactly the happiest guys right now.
    I miss being able to play games online for a start, but besides not getting the speeds I was promised - it's okay I guess.

When I called to enquire about the fact that no one has called me in 24 hours,

The one lady said, the reason you need an external arial is that they did a base station upgrade, and some people are now having lower signal.

Even though I AM or is that now WAS in a excellent area,

The online map still says excellent, but Im sure that will change.

Damn liers
    #FREEISRAEL

Someone once told me that you can make fire with ice.

I wonder if SNO burns too ?
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

Blog Entries

I would think that Neotel should supply YOU with a antenna, they did the upgrade after they gave you the device, they should fix the problem.

The problem is I cannot put up an Antenna, Live in a complex with Complex Rules.

This was never part of the Neotel Proposal until NOW..

If at the time this had to be done, I would not have signed with Neotel,

They shoudl never have let me join if they changed the requirements, and how about the advertising of their product???

Antenna required does never come into the advertising of the product,

Website - Mobile??

Blog Entries

I also live in a complex, but nothing will stop me from putting and aerial up of I have too.

However, all my neighbours and such will be pretty cool about it - they all like me

Unforunately different complex's have different rules,

The main reason was to prevent the complex looking the Satelite City

Blog Entries

What about putting on outside your nearest window (just above the actual window)

its still a fixture change, besides the point.

Degradation of signal , not my problem. If you have a contract, they have agreed to specific rules, then sorry NEOTEL problem not mine.

Whats next? Unlimited only on weekends, Break 1 rule and then you can break all the rules

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast