Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Anti-Booze Implants

  1. #1

    Default Anti-Booze Implants

    So I was thinking of getting one to see how life is without a drink for 6 months.

    The problem is doctors don't seem to be able to get hold of it anymore something to do with import permits or something. Really stupid cause I think it can help a lot of people.

    Anyone had one or can provide more information?
    Keep your mind from GUI interfaces and menu driven stuffs. In the great circle of life, everything will fall in its place.

  2. #2
    Super Grandmaster Keeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    /\/ŻŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
    Posts
    23,346

    Default

    anti-booze implants?

    Is that like when you spend your whole bank balance on your GF's breast implants and don't have money left to drink?

    but seriously, what are anti-booze implants though?

  3. #3

    Default

    Well basically how it works is the doctor makes a small incision in your butt then places a couple of pills in and sew it up. Then you basically cannot drink for 6 months and if you come near any alcohol you become very sick.
    Keep your mind from GUI interfaces and menu driven stuffs. In the great circle of life, everything will fall in its place.

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster Keeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    /\/ŻŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
    Posts
    23,346

    Default

    ok, well isn't it much more pleasant, and cheaper, to just stop?

  5. #5

    Default

    why can't you just stop? addicted?

  6. #6
    Hobbit Peder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pretoria South Africa
    Posts
    8,871
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Strangest thing i have ever heard...
    www.houseofmyglory.com
    I only use Ozone Friendly Language

  7. #7

    Default

    Here are some recent reports about a promising new treatment for alcoholism using the drug Baclofen (Lioresal, Bio-Baclofen) which is available locally ...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7768141.stm
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_i..._id=3&set_id=1

    More details about Baclofen ...
    http://home.intekom.com/pharm/norton/n-baclof.html
    http://www.health24.com/medical/Medi...4192,45134.asp

  8. #8
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,585

    Default

    Errm dude i don't think they put in your butt lol.

    Surely you just take tablets, warning though getting horribly drunk on these tablets can kill you.

  9. #9
    Resident DJ DJ...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Posts
    65,194
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amida View Post
    if you come near any alcohol you become very sick.
    No pills are necessary for that...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Errm dude i don't think they put in your butt lol.

    Surely you just take tablets, warning though getting horribly drunk on these tablets can kill you.
    They don't put it inside your butt, they just make an incission and put the 4 pills inside so you don't have to take them yourself.
    Keep your mind from GUI interfaces and menu driven stuffs. In the great circle of life, everything will fall in its place.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarS View Post
    why can't you just stop? addicted?
    Well I don't drink everyday or anything like that I just basically get drunk once a week. It's probably not too serious now but eventually it could become a problem.

    Both my grandfathers and farther were al alhoholics so I guess I'm trying to break the cycle.
    Keep your mind from GUI interfaces and menu driven stuffs. In the great circle of life, everything will fall in its place.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yotch View Post
    Here are some recent reports about a promising new treatment for alcoholism using the drug Baclofen (Lioresal, Bio-Baclofen) which is available locally ...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7768141.stm
    http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_i..._id=3&set_id=1

    More details about Baclofen ...
    http://home.intekom.com/pharm/norton/n-baclof.html
    http://www.health24.com/medical/Medi...4192,45134.asp
    Interesting articles. Thanks.
    Keep your mind from GUI interfaces and menu driven stuffs. In the great circle of life, everything will fall in its place.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amida View Post
    So I was thinking of getting one to see how life is without a drink for 6 months.

    The problem is doctors don't seem to be able to get hold of it anymore something to do with import permits or something. Really stupid cause I think it can help a lot of people.

    Anyone had one or can provide more information?
    How about just not drinking?

    I maybe have 6 or 7 beers every 3 or 5 months. It's really not even a matter of willpower. Just don't go to places where people drink.

  14. #14

    Default

    The implant is actually called Antabuse and if you phone the pharmacutical they can still import it or arrange with a doctor that could help out - at least this is what the process was when I enquired 6 months ago. Sanca Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center Westrand also used to the implant. Failing that, all Sanca Rehabs can dispense the Antabuse tablets (which saves the doctors consultation fees), only catch is you may need to attend an outpatient session or two.

    One concern with the implant is that the body can reject it and the pills are literally pushed out from the initial implant site. This is extremely uncomfortable (which is why it is advisable to have it done on your stomach - kind of in line with your belly button) because if they *do* reject you then get to sit on an open wound on your bum. I dont see how that could be fun on any level. If you decide to go for it, have a chat with the doctor / facility arranging it for you and discuss what the waiting period is *after* the implant has run its course (assuming that you decide to continue drinking) as it's not always an exact timeframe - i assume this has something to do with the speed your body will process them at. Drinking too soon can be pretty dangerous - even a sip of the wrong cough medicine or biolpus type stuff can set you back for a day or so.
    COGITO ERGO DOLEO

  15. #15
    Super Grandmaster blunomore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sandton, JHB
    Posts
    25,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amida View Post
    Well I don't drink everyday or anything like that I just basically get drunk once a week. It's probably not too serious now but eventually it could become a problem.

    Both my grandfathers and farther were al alhoholics so I guess I'm trying to break the cycle.
    I presume from your name that you are a woman?

    There is nothing worse for a woman than binge drinking - which is what you're doing. Drinking a lot one day a week or over a weekend. Recipe for disaster.

    In terms of wine, a lot of doctors/scientists say that drinking a galss of red wine a day is good for the heart. Binge drinking however, has the opposite effect - and this goes for any alcohol, whether it be wine or hard liquor.
    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Blu, you're a genius.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •