Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Availability

Grandmaster

Default Availability

To the testers, do any of you know if WBS are still on track to launch in Q1 2005?

WBS remain on track. iBurst will will be moving from pilot phase to beta phase, I think within the next few weeks. Most of Johannesburg beta phase base stations have switched on. Pretoria base stations will follow soon, probably starting within a week or so. Hopefully, Durban and Cape Town will switch on over November.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><i><font size="1">
    My views are mine, and mine alone.<br /></i></font id="size1"></center>

Grandmaster

Excellent! Now that they're switching over to the new frequency please keep us updated on the performance and stability. Also has there been any more word on the kind of packages that will be on offer? I know they probably haven't finalised pricing yet but but any info would be appreciated [:)]

All the base stations being switched on will operate on the new 1.8Ghz frequency. My initial tests on the most new base stations appear promising, except glitches on a couple of base stations - WBS tell me these will be sorted out before the beta phase testing starts. I will post some stats once beta phase is fully implemented.

I suspect the 2.3Ghz pilot base stations may be switched off soon after beta phase starts.

With regards to product packaging, expect to hear some news very soon.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><i><font size="1">
    My views are mine, and mine alone.<br /></i></font id="size1"></center>

Grandmaster

Thanks anakin. If they need more testers during beta I'd be more than happy to help out [;)]

Grandmaster

Yeah, me too! [8D]

I have found the 1.8 network very impressive, I am currently using a fixed modem and besides the downtimes due to testing etc.. the stability seems very good, currently it is:
    Current profile: iburst
    Connected (1d 19h 27m 37s)