Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Reviews (Help Requested)

Default Reviews (Help Requested)

Hi

I hope this topic is valid here, and get's good response.

We're looking for people who own or have owned or bought certain items of computer hardware that we stock to assist us with reviews.

Essentially submitting a review, with either positive or negative comments assists other future buyers in making informed decisions on their prospective purchase.

Most people always google for reviews on a certain item before they buy, so this is nothing new but will help grow the South African database of reviews (which is limited as we all know) and promote better buying in South Africa.

So to keep it short. If you've owned a product we have listed it would be highly appreciated if you'd be willing to give your views and experiences.

Negative comments are welcome, we see it as a chance to better inform people, and promotes a better buying system for all. Good reviews, are even more welcome naturally.

If there's any questions feel free to PM me.

We'll dono if you stock it or not.

Bought the Gainward 9600GT over the weekend. Appart from the fact that it doesn't have the 6pin - 2 x 4pin molex adaptor included I can't complain. But warn the people that it doesn't include the power adaptor.

However it is the one with dual view screen capabilities, as I have noticed some of the 9600GT's are not.

ooo And the card is just SUPER KICKASS !

Thanks Pitbull, but no we don't stock peripherals really.

We'd appreciate it if forum members could submit the reviews via the website.

PM me for details.

Last question you interested in a Lenovo N200 review?

I would have loved it! However the only N-Series we have is the N500 (3000) and reviews need to be for products listed (currently available).

Thanks nonetheless!

PC Direct, your site looks awesome, really - but your logo, man - that pulls it all down, and doesn't justify the site!!!

Would you like me to splish splash some paint around and see If I can come up with something interesting? all free of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    PC Direct, your site looks awesome, really - but your logo, man - that pulls it all down, and doesn't justify the site!!!

Would you like me to splish splash some paint around and see If I can come up with something interesting? all free of course...
    Wow thanks, I'm going to PM you so as not to derail the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PC Direct View Post
    I would have loved it! However the only N-Series we have is the N500 (3000) and reviews need to be for products listed (currently available).
    I'm about to advise someone to buy one of these (NS737ZA) but you guys charge about R800 more (excl delivery) than my local brick & mortar shop

not done yet, had to go eat dinner at GF.. so didn't have much time..sorry!

I uploaded so you can tell me what u think so far...

i tried to follow what you wanted, even though i would of done it totally different - this is not my style really...

comments?

the logo looks good so far IMO.

I was just thinking this morning that there aren't enough resources for reviewing hardware in SA. MYBB has a professional review side but it's rarely updated and I basically never go there. But TBH I'm not really interested in viewing a review site that only covers stock that is being sold by that distributor. I'd love to see a review site/forum that was hardware agnostic.
    You will bruise him on the head, and he will bruise you on the heel.
    When the train of history hits a curve the intellectuals fall off - Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    not done yet, had to go eat dinner at GF.. so didn't have much time..sorry!

I uploaded so you can tell me what u think so far...

i tried to follow what you wanted, even though i would of done it totally different - this is not my style really...

comments?
    I like it! Very close to what I was looking for - I'll upload it so long and test it out. I'd like some small modifications done on the word 'PC' - just aligned a little straighter..

Will pm you

Thanks so much!!!