Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 228 of 379 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 5680

Thread: Stop what you're doing right now and take a photo

  1. #3406

    Default

    Thanks, you can see the original image here : http://s369.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSCF0005.jpg

    The camera is 10 years old and I find it a bit annoying not having optical image stabilisation. However the larger than normal sensor does help and shooting at ISO 400 is relatively noise free. Considering I only paid R400 for it and it is in mint condition I'm pretty happy.
    Last edited by Rouxenator; 02-03-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

  2. #3407

  3. #3408
    Master B.K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Plumstead, Cape Town
    Posts
    570

    Default


  4. #3409

  5. #3410
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wimblefontien, UK
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydthebarber71 View Post
    Super Series! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=345615865476886

    Check out the rest of the album..
    Those are superb photos!
    Please save trees and think twice before printing this post.

    Looking for a VPN, read my reviews at vpn-reviews.net

  6. #3411

    Default

    Last night at the Varsity Cup match between Tuks and Shimlas in Pretoria. Deon Helberg try in second half.

    I banned DJ...
    You banned DJ...
    We all banned DJ...

  7. #3412
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Snorries
    Posts
    10,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by APoc84 View Post
    Last night at the Varsity Cup match between Tuks and Shimlas in Pretoria. Deon Helberg try in second half.

    Very very noice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

  8. #3413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    Very very noice!
    Thanks. Here is another one. Not very happy with the shadows but unfortunetely nothing I could do about that.

    The lights at Tuks make it a real challenge. Especially to get your shutter speed up there without pushing the ISO to high.
    Very thankful for a legendary photographer like Christiaan Kotze who is always ready to give advice and share his knowledge. Such a nice guy.

    I banned DJ...
    You banned DJ...
    We all banned DJ...

  9. #3414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by APoc84 View Post
    Thanks. Here is another one. Not very happy with the shadows but unfortunetely nothing I could do about that.

    The lights at Tuks make it a real challenge. Especially to get your shutter speed up there without pushing the ISO to high.
    Very thankful for a legendary photographer like Christiaan Kotze who is always ready to give advice and share his knowledge. Such a nice guy.
    They can't be any worse than NMMUs lights - even the University of Fort Hare is better than that place.

    Nice pics but your WB and jpg settings might benefit from a little tweaking.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

  10. #3415
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Snorries
    Posts
    10,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by APoc84 View Post
    Thanks. Here is another one. Not very happy with the shadows but unfortunetely nothing I could do about that.

    The lights at Tuks make it a real challenge. Especially to get your shutter speed up there without pushing the ISO to high.
    Very thankful for a legendary photographer like Christiaan Kotze who is always ready to give advice and share his knowledge. Such a nice guy.

    I feel you on the lighting -> shadows. But nevertheless, it looks really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

  11. #3416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    They can't be any worse than NMMUs lights - even the University of Fort Hare is better than that place.

    Nice pics but your WB and jpg settings might benefit from a little tweaking.
    Never been there but I can only imagine it being the same as TUT. That was shocking. Our one photographer had to shoot at 6400 ISO at times to get up to 1/640 or 1/800 shutterspeed.

    I know it is not an excuse but I rather left the WB on Auto because I was afraid I make the wrong selection and bugger all the pics. Certainly something I need to read up and practice more. Laziness on my part I guess.
    I banned DJ...
    You banned DJ...
    We all banned DJ...

  12. #3417

    Default

    Awesome thread. Now i want to get camera

  13. #3418
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Durbanville
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    My attempt at photographing the moon last night...

    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...7&d=1330976206

  14. #3419

    Default

    that's quite a hi-res moon shot

  15. #3420
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the MATRIX
    Posts
    10,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greg_SA View Post
    My attempt at photographing the moon last night...

    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...7&d=1330976206
    Bru awesome. Excellent background for my berry!

Page 228 of 379 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-12-2011, 05:15 AM
  2. So, what do you think of this photo?
    By Telkomisaloser in forum Photography
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 02:12 PM
  4. Photo printing: DIY compared to photo shops.
    By jacqvt in forum Photography
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 08:40 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •