Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends with an ex?

Default Friends with an ex?

Do you have a problem with your SO being friends with one of their ex's? or do they have a problem with you being friends with one of your ex's? I find that I am friends with many people who have split up, and one of the peoples new partners wont allow that person out because their ex will be there. Do you think this is a problem? Surely its over, and being friends is not a problem?! or am I mad?!

There is no such thing as an ex = friend.

One of the 2 still has hopes of it working out futher on in life. Tell him/her to drop the friend or you move on.

I don't believe in asking someone to ditch a friendship, no matter who they are friends with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Do you have a problem with your SO being friends with one of their ex's? or do they have a problem with you being friends with one of your ex's? I find that I am friends with many people who have split up, and one of the peoples new partners wont allow that person out because their ex will be there. Do you think this is a problem? Surely its over, and being friends is not a problem?! or am I mad?!
    i have a problem with it. and my SO also has a problem with it... friends can be lovers... it's also easier to go back then forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    There is no such thing as an ex = friend.

One of the 2 still has hopes of it working out futher on in life. Tell him/her to drop the friend or you move on.
    +1

Depends how close they are. I am on a friendly terms with 2 of my exes but i don't speak to them all the time. I hear from them every 3 months or so. I think that's normal and acceptable.
    "For me there are only two type of women: goddesses and doormats" Pablo Picasso

Super Grandmaster

I dunno, i have never actually been able to stay proper good friends with an ex, there was always something on the table....

I don't believe in asking someone to ditch a friendship, no matter who they are friends with.
    Then just move on. Seriously you are letting yourself in for allot of problems down the line.

like pitbull said... one of them has hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Serqet View Post
    Depends how close they are. I am on a friendly terms with 2 of my exes but i don't speak to them all the time. I hear from them every 3 months or so. I think that's normal and acceptable.
    I think that is the difference between friends and associates.

I see my friends just about weekly, daily. Associates I see when I see them.

So:
    friends = No
    Associates = Yes.

I ocassionally chat to my ex on MSN. Then again, I wouldn't say we're friends. I agree with Pitbull, it will cause problems later on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    And then there will be zero players!! DOOMED!!!!
    IQ-Test

basically 2 friends of mine split up because they fought all the time, and want to remain friends and go out with the group. Now, the ones new partner has said he may not do anything with the group if his ex will be there (her new partner is totally fine with it). Surely, 2 adults can realise they dont work as a couple and move forward, like adults?!

basically 2 friends of mine split up because they fought all the time, and want to remain friends and go out with the group. Now, the ones new partner has said he may not do anything with the group if his ex will be there (her new partner is totally fine with it). Surely, 2 adults can realise they dont work as a couple and move forward, like adults?!
    Exactly. I think so!
    "For me there are only two type of women: goddesses and doormats" Pablo Picasso

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Nope no problem but my ex's new GF does so now we lost contact. Very sad

I have had just about enough of people trying to control their SO! I think if you feel your relationship is strong enough, a friendship with anyone cant ruin that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast