Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favourite current SA cricket player?

Default Who is your favourite current SA cricket player?

Mine is AB de Villiers. I just get very upset when he doesn't score runs as he is one of the most talented players in world cricket IMO.

(would have gone with Mackie if his wife was at every game )
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Albie and Biff for me.

Also AB or Albie...
    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves" - Albert Einstein

Ab albie and Gibbs, would love to see albie open the batting in one day games, nice hard ball, fielders in the ring.

Could be the new jayasuria.

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Ab albie and Gibbs, would love to see albie open the batting in one day games, nice hard ball, fielders in the ring.

Could be the new jayasuria.
    Mmmm just when I thought you knew little about cricket you come up with something like this.

That would be interesting, come to think of it that could be very very affective
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Super Grandmaster

Those 3 would be my pics as well
    Everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat

Why would albie opening be stupid? He loves hitting the ball, he reminds me alot of jayasuria who is a legend as an opener, if he got runs you knew the score was going to be massive.

So just explain to me why a clean hitter like albie should not start his innings off with very few fielders outside the ring? If i know so little please enlighten me as to why albie would not be an amazing opener? Is there some reason i cannot see? He is not a pinch hitter like many lower down the order in other teams, he takes time to get going, he does not come and swing wildly at every delivery. He is a big clean powerful hitter and not some i hope i don't go out huge swinging slogger. He times and middles so many deliveries i think he would devastating as an opener, but then again i know very little.
    Last edited by killadoob; 31-03-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Super Grandmaster

Why would albie opening be stupid? He loves hitting the ball, he reminds me alot of jayasuria who is a legend as an opener, if he got runs you knew the score was going to be massive.

So just explain to me why a clean hitter like albie should not start his innings off with very few fielders outside the ring? If i know so little please enlighten me as to why albie would not be an amazing opener? Is there some reason i cannot see?
    I would venture a guess that maybe he struggles a bit with the new ball.
    Everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat

So just explain to me why a clean hitter like albie should not start his innings off with very few fielders outside the ring? If i know so little please enlighten me as to why albie would not be an amazing opener? Is there some reason i cannot see? He is not a pinch hitter like many lower down the order in other teams, he takes time to get going, he does not come and swing wildly at every delivery. He is a big clean powerful hitter and not some i hope i don't go out huge swinging slogger. He times and middles so many deliveries i think he would devastating as an opener, but then again i know very little.
    You talking to yourself?

I agreed that he could be a great opener.

Maybe read before posting
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

At the centre of my bubble of perception.

Boucher.

I always feel less anxious if he is in the thick of things.
    Twinkle, twinkle little star
    Wat de donner soek jy daar?

Albie is better when facing the old ball. Besides with us having a batting power play he will come in and have lots of room outside the the ring.

Opening may be a option in the subcontinent were there isn't much swing or movement and the ball comes on better when opening but I certainly won't open with him in SA,Aus or Eng.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Devill View Post
    Mmmm just when I thought you knew little about cricket you come up with something like this. I am implying that killadoob's comment is outrageous

That would be interesting, come to think of it that could be very very affective I am not sure if i am agreeing with him or telling him it would not work as i have made 2 statements.

Vero why would he struggle with the new ball though, with his power that new ball would fly and travel off the bat if you ask me, but we will never see the day, i like gibbs so much because he looks to score and score fast and is an awesome opening batsmen but at 35 his days are numbered .

Why can jayasuria hit fast runs on any ground if the new ball is such a problem? does gibbs and smith not have problems with the new ball? All opening batsmen have trouble with the new ball unless you guys know of someone who never struggles with the new ball when its moving around?
    Last edited by killadoob; 31-03-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Super Grandmaster

Vero why would he struggle with the new ball though, with his power that new ball would fly and travel off the bat if you ask me, but we will never see the day, i like gibbs so much because he looks to score and score fast and is an awesome opening batsmen but at 35 his days are numbered .
    The new ball moves around a lot more and have steeper bounce. There are lots of great batsmen that do not like facing the new ball.

Has albie said he does not like the new ball? has he ever opened the batting?

Guess my logic tells me every batsmen struggles with the new ball moving around but i would love to see an albie type player opening with the only goal being fast run rate.

Why can jayasuria hit fast runs on any ground if the new ball is such a problem? does gibbs and smith not have problems with the new ball? All opening batsmen have trouble with the new ball unless you guys know of someone who never struggles with the new ball when its moving around?
    Whats Jayasuria's average in ODIs just for interest sake?

And it is true what they are saying Killa sometimes a batsman is much better in some streches of the game than in others.

Ps It is not my problem if you struggle to see the diffs between sarcasm and agreement
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast