Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Promises of 20 Mbps uncapped Internet for SA

Default Promises of 20 Mbps uncapped Internet for SA

does this sound possible? asking for investment too. i dunno.

http://www.zoopy.com/audio/t3z/20mbp...r-south-africa

By the end of May 2009, all South Africans will be able to enjoy the benefits of true uncapped, lightning fast internet for around R500 pm
    Someones been at the tik again!

yeah i thought it was a bit optimistic

Super Grandmaster

Wish I could believe that
    for the <3 of STOLICHNAYA!!!!!

Rossiyskaya Federatsiya

I hope they weren't using one of their phones.

Yeah! Maybe at the end of 2020 we would get half the speed, if we are lucky!

Blog Entries

Question Got DODGE written all over it.

There is already a person posting about this on the forum. http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/member.php?u=75955

More info: http://fastinternet.iblog.co.za/
    20Mbps Wireless Internet Conference Call
    April 19th, 2009

Tomorrow evening (April 20th) at 7pm, we will be holding a conference call on skype for all those interested in purchasing unlimited uncapped 20Mbps Wireless Internet for around $50 per month.

Resellers also welcome to attend.

Please either skype me your skype name to bev.brossy or leave your skype name in the comment section below. Please have your questions ready and be ready to be invited to the call on skype at 7pm sharp April 20th 2009.
    Announcing High Speed Satellite Internet for South Africa
    April 18th, 2009

Within 6 weeks, all South Africans will be able to have access to 20MBit (yes, really - 20MBit) Internet access.

Imagine……uncapped, unlimited, untimed , all you can eat Internet platters - watch live TV, streaming video, conference calls, webinars with no buffering or lag. Download/Upload as much data as you wish.

Is this truly possible in South Africa?

Absolutely.

Please let me know:

1. what you would like in an Internet product

2. how much would you be prepared to pay for such a service

3. would you like to have your own Internet hub and offer this service to others

4. would you like to have WIFI phone access via this network?

5. how much would you be prepared to pay for unlimited, high quality cell phone calls to anywhere in the world?

This service will be here soon and I am looking for people interested in using this service as well people who wish to be involved in promoting it.

For promoters: You just find the people - the supplier company does all billing and installation.

Looking forward to reading your comments and getting you started with Amazing Internet (and phone calls)
    ic's back, back again . . .

Grandmaster

Sounds hectically dodgy. I am guessing there will be some sort of fee. Maybe an installation fee or something of a couple of grand. Then you will never see them again...

WoW for only R500 you get a uncapped/unshaped/unlimited 20mbps connection...IN SOUTH AFRICA!!

I wonder on what infrastructure this will be...

Lemme quote something from their site: http://fastinternet.iblog.co.za/2009...nference-call/
    Telkom’s fastest offering is 4Mbps (download) with 512kpbs (upload)

Our offering is 20Mbps ie 5 times faster than the fastest Telkom offering with no need for a phone line
    The blanket cost for unlimited uncapped Internet access is around R500 per month.
    Seems like another WISP, or WIMAX or something, but I can't see how they will really be able to supply this at only R500/month.

Edit: Oh wait nvm, it looks like that post is in a "Highspeed Satellite Internet" post section. So over satellite...interesting.
    Few people can see the genius in someone who has offended them.
    - Robertson Davies

Grandmaster

IBIWISI
    ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3//2600k @ 4.6ghz //2 x 770 Gigabyte Windforce//240GB Corsair Neutron GTX//120GB OCZ Vertex 4//Corsair 16GB Dom GT 1866//
    [/URL]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
    Edit: Oh wait nvm, it looks like that post is in a "Highspeed Satellite Internet" post section. So over satellite...interesting.
    Satellite indeed.

Hardware they call 'hubs' will communicate with the satellite and then share the signal over a ~40KM radius to other customers using what they call 'routers'. There is also mention of these routers/hubs being able to connect to international phone networks - so cheap(er)/free calls could also possible via WiFi capable phones.

"Hub" owners will get a kickback for each client they have it seems. Now just to find out how much the hub/router will cost for the end client.

I wonder what ICASA got to say about all this? Oh and would someone remind me how much GBPS a satellite can handle?

IBIWISI
    ic's back, back again . . .

uhm. Ok no I don't beleive it sorry!
    Why pay R425 for 10Mbps when you can pay R342 for 20Mbps and R428 for 40Mbps adsl

https://www.voxtelecom.co.za/adsl-lines

Somebody needs to come back to reality!

Well, if the connection is Via Sattelite, I presume the latency will be quite high. I also dont get it why the price can be so low... R500pm for, Uncapped and 20mbps...wtf---UNBELIEVABLE

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast