Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Which Billion model is the Mega 200VWR?

Default Which Billion model is the Mega 200VWR?

Hi all,

Is the Telkom Mega 200VWR router just a rebranded Billion BiPAC 7404VGP?
    Can anyone confirm this and if firmware from the Billion BiPAC 7404VGP is compatible.

Thanks.

Default Yes

As far as I know, it is.
    My Mega200's firmware version is: 5.52f4.069 , the latest firmware for the Billion 7404 is 5.60c last time I checked.

Why do you want to upgrade? Does the new firmware add features? In a case like this, it's best to stick with what you have unless there is some problem you need to fix or feature you want.

If you do decide to flash it, let us know how it turned out please.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by psichron View Post
    As far as I know, it is.
    My Mega200's firmware version is: 5.52f4.069 , the latest firmware for the Billion 7404 is 5.60c last time I checked.

Why do you want to upgrade? Does the new firmware add features? In a case like this, it's best to stick with what you have unless there is some problem you need to fix or feature you want.

If you do decide to flash it, let us know how it turned out please.
    Hehe, no, not sure if I'm brave enough to be the guinea pig. The modem's not mine (borrowing while I sort out my own modem woes) so I wouldn't want to mess it up.
    To answer your question...I'm not sure whether the new f/w offers added features but I'm sure a f/w that's around a year newer than the one currently on the modem must offer some benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    Hi all,

Is the Telkom Mega 200VWR router just a rebranded Billion BiPAC 7404VGP?
    Can anyone confirm this and if firmware from the Billion BiPAC 7404VGP is compatible.

Thanks.
    Gamer, The Telkom Mega 200VWR router is not a Billion router. The 7404VGP firmware is not compatible with the Mega 200VWR you ill definitely crash your router, if you upgrade it with a wrong firmware. I would advice that you contact Telkom for the Mega 200VWR latest firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLION.aire View Post
    Gamer, The Telkom Mega 200VWR router is not a Billion router. The 7404VGP firmware is not compatible with the Mega 200VWR you ill definitely crash your router, if you upgrade it with a wrong firmware. I would advice that you contact Telkom for the Mega 200VWR latest firmware.
    Thanks for the info. I definitely won't load any other firmware.

Default It is

BILLION.aire, The Mega 200VWR -is- a rebranded Billion router. There are just too many similarities (From physical look, to hardware revision to firmware versions to operator manual). Although I won't be surprised if it has been made incompatible with Billion firmware.

Gamer, just because your router's firmware is a couple of years old doesn't mean there's any benefits to upgrading the firmware. A router is a router is a router. The default firmware on the 200VWR happens to be pretty decent already. That's why you should only upgrade if there is a specific feature you need and know of in newer firmware revisions.
    ---

The Mega 200VWR can have similarities with the Billion router but that does not make it a Billion router.

The Mega 200VWR can have similarities with the Billion router but that does not make it a Billion router.
    yes, I know what you mean.
    My wife is a splitting image of jennifer aniston, but she's not jennifer aniston.

Default Yeah, so 20 months later . . .

Hey there

Where can one actually get the 'latest' firmware for a Telkom Mega 200VWR router? ...or has anyone recently flashed it with the Billion 'equivalent' firmware?
    On Billion's site there is a new(ish) firmware version for the Billion BiPAC 7404VGP (see here).

Thanks

I got my hands on a Billion 7401 router. It is EXACTLY the same as a Mega200VWR. So yes, the Mega200 VWR is most definitely a rebranded Billion router.
    ---