Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Good multivitamin for males

Default Good multivitamin for males

Anyone recommend a good one?
    "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies......."

Master

I use "Biogen MULTI Vitamin Plus"... I wouldn't know if it's the best or not, and despite it coming from a company who specialize in bodybuilding supplements, my doctor and a pharmacist recommended it.

It's got most of the common stuff in it, but according to the label, it has Lutein (Whatever that is...) and it has Spirulina, which I know helps for mental alertness, and since most bodybuilders are men, I'd think they catered for men more than women.

Containers, they come in 30/60 Caplets.

Price, uhm... I can't remember, but they weren't more expensive than the rest.
    Last edited by kwaggawerner; 28-04-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Grandmaster

Eat at least a whole tomatoe, a whole banana and a whole orange daily. Use lots of garlic and onion in cooking and blanch fresh veggies not boil the hell out of them.

No artificial vitamin pills required.
    "We live in a monetary paradigm that demands infinite growth, so balance is not possible." Michael C. Ruppert

Grandmaster

Is Centrum any good? just as a general multi-vitamin
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Thanks KW will look into those.

Master

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Freshy-ZN View Post
    Eat at least a whole tomatoe, a whole banana and a whole orange daily. Use lots of garlic and onion in cooking and blanch fresh veggies not boil the hell out of them.

I like that combination.... I eat crushed garlic like there's no tomorrow... (immune system) and tomatoes & tomato sauce on almost everything I eat - good for the testes (sperm & testosterone production - thanks wikipedia) and then I eat 7 oranges a day, no jokes, and as for the veggies, I have my regular portions.

Nice!

P.S That Biogen does have most of what a man needs daily... just checked the FDA requirements... and it DOES cater for men more than women, i.e more iodine, B1 - B12, Iron, Phosphorous, etc
    Last edited by kwaggawerner; 28-04-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Ammended some facts
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

A healthy diet with a good multivitamin should be good enough, dont spend too much on the pills though as you will end up with very expensive pee. Your body only absorbs what it needs the rest goes down the drain.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by LillPienkPawny View Post
    A healthy diet with a good multivitamin should be good enough, dont spend too much on the pills though as you will end up with very expensive pee. Your body only absorbs what it needs the rest goes down the drain.
    ,true
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshy-ZN View Post

I disagree.
    Most food today have upto 50% less vitamins than they should, barring bananas for some reason.
    Woolworths food is....... well I think they geneticly made, no way a banana can grow so perfect and tomatoes so firm, Woolies are the only ones to sell these type of bananas and tomatoes and other veg.... weird and they now charge extra for "organic" tomatoes and bananas..... those look like the veg I know....

Anyway our food doesnt have the nutritional value that it used to.
    We need a multivitamin.