Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: How To Trace a Mobile Phone Location with Google Latitude

Super Grandmaster

Default How To Trace a Mobile Phone Location with Google Latitude

I know there's been a few posts about Google Latitude, but back when it launched it seemed to be all vague and all, so here's a recent article which is actually more of a tutorial about using Google Latitude.

Latitude is actually part of Google Maps, you just need to download the right version of Google Maps [ google.com/latitude on your phone] .

It seems to work fine on my phone, i had no country-related issues [i.e. SA not being supported]

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...ogle-latitude/
    The cool thing about Google Latitude is that there are really no fancy, expensive gadgets required. All you need is a mobile phone and you can build what’s essentially a GPS network of friends, without the need for GPS technology. Wondering whether your buddy Jim is still at work? Just log onto Google Latitude, or check Google Maps on your phone, and sure enough, Jim’s icon shows up on the map where he works. Did your best friend go missing after her date the other night? If she left her phone on, all of her friends can check out where she’s currently located.
    Another bit

This means that even if you don’t have your mobile phone with you, but you have access to the Internet, you can check out where all of your friends are at the moment, or update your own location on Latitude so that they know where you are. This whole concept takes the whole architecture and intent of Twitter and adds another entire level of graphical interactivity to it, with visual, real-time status updates for your friends.
    Last edited by diabolus; 03-05-2009 at 01:31 PM.

CAPETOWN,I have a device,I see telkom/thread killa/neotel.mm
    Blog Entries

scary...
    here is a new members tip
    customwerkz hosted by domaincheap

I had a dj...dream

Interesting but no thanks,I like to keep my lair hidden from the outside world
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

--Rule of Acquisition #109--

Grandmaster

Load of nonsense, it updates so irregularily that it's useless, call me when it's more "instant", for example, most of my friends have updates from over 20-30 days ago.