Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: CPT international traffic?

Default CPT international traffic?

Anyone in CPT experiencing around 1-1.4MBit/second on their 4MBit line? Been like this since around the 1st. Local download came through at full speed, international is dog slow. I usually see 3-3.5MBit on full download.

I'm on an IS account, but I tried SAIX and it's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRift View Post
    Anyone in CPT experiencing around 1-1.4MBit/second on their 4MBit line? Been like this since around the 1st. Local download came through at full speed, international is dog slow. I usually see 3-3.5MBit on full download.

I'm on an IS account, but I tried SAIX and it's the same thing.
    Sounds like Telkom's been busy selling away DSL lines at your exchange, welcome to the world of Contention Ratios

Then it must be at all CPT exchanges 'cos even the office, hooked to IS fibre, is falling apart with the same issue. :P

my international is fine..running @ 458k download
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.4GHz/Asus R2Ex/3x2GB 2000MHz Dominators/2xRaptors Raid0(OS)&2TB/Asus5870/Corsair HX850w/Logitech G9+G15/GigaWorks G500/Cosmos S

Buggers. I'll just have to sit it out then. :P You on IS or SAIX?

normal telscum ISP, had a problem the other day..phoned them but got transfered to like 3 people..took like an hour for them to tell me that they are busy with the lines?? lol!! phone them & complain!!
    i7 920 D0 @ 4.4GHz/Asus R2Ex/3x2GB 2000MHz Dominators/2xRaptors Raid0(OS)&2TB/Asus5870/Corsair HX850w/Logitech G9+G15/GigaWorks G500/Cosmos S

I called them yesterday actually, but it was to cancel my telkom internet account. Hardly use it, waste of cash, been using IS based account mostly. But that was telkom internet, not telkom themselves. I'll call them up tomorrow and see if there's any known issue in the area since 01/05.

GL..be prepared to wait a while..let us know how long!! lol!

Ja, ja, I know. Bloody shocking service and I should know 'cos I work in a call centre. Can just imagine the attitude of the call centre agents there.

Calling tellkom internet was a breeze. Took 10 minutes from picking up the phone to cancelling the account. Oh wait... nobody buys telkom internet stuff anymore. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheRift View Post
    Oh wait... nobody buys telkom internet stuff anymore. :P
    lol!!! cant wait for seacom 2 hit SA

Didn't get round to calling them today. But I just looked on my DSL modem and see this:

Downstream Upstream
    Line Attenuation 41 db 11 db
    Noise Margin 11 db 14 db

That downstream attenuation doesn't look cool. Gonna try the Jesus Firmware and mess around a bit.

Thumbs up

Called them today and it took 10 minutes. Nothing wrong apparently, but they logged it and said someone will come see.

Soooo... this evening I was just getting irritated. I saw my wife's notebook was doing just fine, so I thought let me check on my MTU and RWIN settings. Bloody bastard machine. Somehow I'm sitting with an RWIN of 5000 something and my MTU was the max 1500. Smack in the 1492 MTU, figure in RWIN around 67K and I'm back up to a solid 3.5MBit/second.

w00t!

Gonna call in the morning and tell them not to bother.

Now... what the heck on this machine reset that stuff?!?!