Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laptop bundles from iBurst

Default Laptop bundles from iBurst

Laptop bundles from iBurst

iBurst launches laptop and Internet access bundles for under R 500 per month

This is news? Or an advert?

Default Big no no

As an ex-iBurst user, I would not recommend ANYONE to take any of these packages. Their internet sucks, period. I hope new users realise that they will be stuck with iBurst for the next 36 months! It will be the longest period of their lives.

It's the beginning of a steady flow of offerings from providers to tie gullible consumers into lengthy expensive contracts just before cheap bandwidth hits our shores, thats what it is.
    Afrihost Uncapped 2mb

Quote Originally Posted by Nafisa View Post
    As an ex-iBurst user, I would not recommend ANYONE to take any of these packages. Their internet sucks, period. I hope new users realise that they will be stuck with iBurst for the next 36 months! It will be the longest period of their lives.
    +1. useless. did i mention they r completely useless?
    "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive" - Sir Walter Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Strobemeister View Post
    It's the beginning of a steady flow of offerings from providers to tie gullible consumers into lengthy expensive contracts just before cheap bandwidth hits our shores, thats what it is.
    the best contract u can get is a top-up contract from voda (dunno if mtn has the same) because it's for cash - not data - and you'd be able to benefit from any drop in price. 1Gig = 1Gig, but R300 could be 1Gig today and 3Gig tomorrow...
    "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive" - Sir Walter Scott

So let's see, this offering gets you:

1. An average performance laptop from a vendor with a known history of shoddy service.
    2. an ISP with a history of shoddy bandwidth and service (although slightly improved this last year, in my experience)
    3. 250/500MB traffic p/m, above which you'd have to pay lots per GB, which would last you what, 5-15 days if you were lucky?

Ouch.
    "In fact, the weirdest thing just happened - I broke wind, and as a result felt so dizzy I nearly fell from my chair. That cannot be normal." -Copacetic

Grandmaster

Thumbs down

Thats all to sum it up o no one more
    No Signature for the moment

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks, but no thanks.

I'll rather stick with a 3g cellphone, a prepaid SIM and be good to go anywhere.
    Last edited by The_Librarian; 18-05-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

VOTE #ROCK FOR PRESIDENT

Super Grandmaster

R8400 for that lapop over 36 months? What is the retail price on it?
    In recent days I've discovered that your IQ is linked to your post count!

What the hell are you supposed to do with 500MB per month?

Quote Originally Posted by deweyzeph View Post
    What the hell are you supposed to do with 500MB per month?
    Update your windows vista I guess (without even knowing it) ;-)

Ja, probably the first time you turn it on. That's your whole month's cap gone.

Blog Entries

thanks but if I wanted to get robbed there are a few places up the street from me that would do it with a lot more delicacy than this offer.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
    So let's see, this offering gets you:

1. An average performance laptop from a vendor with a known history of shoddy service.
    2. an ISP with a history of shoddy bandwidth and service (although slightly improved this last year, in my experience)
    3. 250/500MB traffic p/m, above which you'd have to pay lots per GB, which would last you what, 5-15 days if you were lucky?

Ouch.
    Laptop OS likely Vista, so just add in the cost of a Windows 7 upgrade within the 1st year (probably the same for MSOffice) - Ouch, OUCH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast