Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hot Toddy - Does it work?

Default Hot Toddy - Does it work?

Does anyone swear by hot toddies/toddys?

I've heard taking a hot toddy consisting of whisky, ginger, honey, lemon and 2 disprin knocks you out and you wake up completely recovered from the flu/cold the next morning. Is this true?

It doesn't sound kosher to me!
    "For me there are only two type of women: goddesses and doormats" Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Serqet View Post
    I've heard taking a hot toddy consisting of whisky, ginger, honey, lemon and 2 disprin!
    If it works, Manto would be almost correct! "Almost" I say because would Manto ever use disprin???

If you are in the early stages of the flu, it helps.

Be sure to dress up really warm before bed though and do anything else to get your temperature up (hot blanket, extra duvet, those kind of things)

It all boils down to "sweating it out". The flu virus isn't very temperature tolerant so by raising your internal body temperature (inducing a fever, sort of) you can kill the most of them off before they take you over.

Medlemon etc. works on the same principle, the hot toddy just combines every ingredient that can assist in the job.

we should have a "serqet conspiracies" sub-section

we once gave our aunty some jaegger(spelling) when she had the flu. she was most impressed

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pumpkin_King View Post
    we should have a "serqet conspiracies" sub-section

we once gave our aunty some jaegger(spelling) when she had the flu. she was most impressed

lmao
    That would rock PK!

Haha @ jaegermeister for flu. Eish! That stuff could kill most viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulr View Post
    If you are in the early stages of the flu, it helps.

Be sure to dress up really warm before bed though and do anything else to get your temperature up (hot blanket, extra duvet, those kind of things)

It all boils down to "sweating it out". The flu virus isn't very temperature tolerant so by raising your internal body temperature (inducing a fever, sort of) you can kill the most of them off before they take you over.

Medlemon etc. works on the same principle, the hot toddy just combines every ingredient that can assist in the job.
    See i've also heard that's an old wives tale. My mom always use to tell me to keep warm. Yet i've heard that it makes no difference how warm you keep yourself or how many blankets you use. Flu just has to take its course.

Will certainly try this though and see what happens.

Thanks!

That would rock PK!

Haha @ jaegermeister for flu. Eish! That stuff could kill most viruses.
    and your stomach!

my cuz still swears that it made him lactose intolerant lmao

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ice View Post
    If it works, Manto would be almost correct! "Almost" I say because would Manto ever use disprin???
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pumpkin_King View Post
    and your stomach!

my cuz still swears that it made him lactose intolerant lmao
    ROFL! Shame poor cuz. I'd hate to see what Stroh Rum would do to him. Hope he learnt his lesson and now abstains from any alcohol.

Ginger liqueur is also a good remedy for flu.
    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Blu, you're a genius.

Does anyone swear by hot toddies/toddys?

I've heard taking a hot toddy consisting of whisky, ginger, honey, lemon and 2 disprin knocks you out and you wake up completely recovered from the flu/cold the next morning. Is this true?

It doesn't sound kosher to me!
    Flu probably won't be your biggest problem after drinking that.

Doesn't sound halal either.

lol alf101 that's what i was thinking. So i decided to just stick to the flusin and vix cough syrup.

@ blunomore

A shot of ginger liqueur? Now that doesn't sound as gross as the hot toddy idea. I wonder how much of a bottle of that would set me back.

lol alf101 that's what i was thinking. So i decided to just stick to the flusin and vix cough syrup.

@ blunomore

A shot of ginger liqueur? Now that doesn't sound as gross as the hot toddy idea. I wonder how much of a bottle of that would set me back.
    Last time I bought was in 2008 and a bottle of Butler's was approx R 80 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Blu, you're a genius.

That doesn't seem bad at all. Thanks! Going to get myself some tomorrow.

Corenza C is the best thing for flu.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast