Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Google Maps and Android

Super Grandmaster

Default Google Maps and Android

Hi All

I have a HTC Magic and whenever I try to get directions from Google Maps I get the error "could not find the requested route"

Does anybody know if this is a common problem with Vodacom's Magic handsets or otherwise any other nice gps software that will run on the Android, preferably free?
    Everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat

Super Grandmaster

According to this coverage table, Google Maps (on Android or on the web) doesn't yet support driving directions in SA.
    http://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/..._filtered.html

Super Grandmaster

That sucks, any idea if and when they are going to support it?
    Everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat

I'm sure they will support it. You'll notice that they already have things like one way arrows for one way streets etc, so they are inputting all that data.

There are a few apps in the Android Market which we're waiting for, but in the mean time I've tried Nav4All which does turn by turn directions. It's not the most intuitive software but it works.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by duncan1a View Post
    I'm sure they will support it. You'll notice that they already have things like one way arrows for one way streets etc, so they are inputting all that data.

There are a few apps in the Android Market which we're waiting for, but in the mean time I've tried Nav4All which does turn by turn directions. It's not the most intuitive software but it works.
    I just found the interface for nav4all very bad and I found quite a few addresses which it could not find

Quote Originally Posted by Veroland View Post
    I just found the interface for nav4all very bad and I found quite a few addresses which it could not find
    yeah, it's not the most intuitive app. I'm waiting for the market to try some of the others