Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: XBox Wireless Controller for PC

Grandmaster

Default XBox Wireless Controller for PC

I prefer posting this in the the gaming section even though it pertains to hardware ....

I bought a Xbox wireless controller for PC yesterday and must say that it is awesome!

It is very good for games with XBox controller configurations especially if your kids are using it. Wanted to buy the wired one but decided to pay more and go for the wireless version. Glad I did.

My son is happier than a pig in sh_t atm.

Another thing is that you can control Media player with it or any other program for that matter using a simple program called JoytoKey.

How much are they? I need a gamepad/controller for N64&Dreamcast emulation.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Also got a 360 wireless controller for my PC. Best gamepad I bought for PC yet.

R456 according to this http://www.take2.co.za/games-microso...0-3837697.html
    But if you grab the wireless controller you will also have to buy a USB dongle so just get a wired USB controller which should also be around R400. I think the packaging also say if it is compatible with PC and those will most likely include some windows drivers.

Grandmaster

The best buy is the wireless version (can get it for R500 at BT Games ... it includes the dongle (itself about R200)). Make sure it is in the red packaging - Vista/XP/XBox

You can connect all the other accessories via the dongle as well.

Grandmaster

Remember you can only buy the dongle if you already have a wireless controller.

question is can i use my wireless controller that came with the xbox with my pc?

Quote Originally Posted by adamr View Post
    question is can i use my wireless controller that came with the xbox with my pc?
    Yes you can....just buy the Windows USB wireless receiver for xbox ....you would just have to sync the controller with the PC.....and re-sync with your console for xbox use