Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Thread: COD 4 for beginners

Default COD 4 for beginners

Hi
    There I know I am starting out a bit late and the new Modern warfare 2 is on its way, but I just got into online gaming.

Could you please give beginners a few tips on where to start and what maps to play to get the skills up and running?

I realise I have a couple of hours that I need to catch up to actually be a better player but at this moment I am a hired human shield untill I get better.
    Last edited by Acid0; 29-06-2009 at 07:36 AM.

I play COD4 online and it is great fun. I usually play on the Blue Qube server. The players are a great bunch of guys so you should come and give it a try.

I don't have the IP address at the moment, but I will post it this evening here.

Super Grandmaster

Join the forums on games.saix.net ... there is a COD4 section there that will sort you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid0 View Post
    Hi
    There I know I am starting out a bit late and the new Modern warfare 2 is on its way, but I just got into online gaming.

Could you please give beginners a few tips on where to start and what maps to play to get the skills up and running?

I realise I have a couple of hours that I need to catch up to actually be a better player but at this moment I am a hired human shield untill I get better.
    hey bud get yourself onto xfire and start playing on the public servers. Just get to lvl55 in game first and get a feel for it then seek some advice. If its your aim, your movement or whatever else that feels wrong then go about getting it fixed

People don't like it when you use the grenade launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by general_koffi View Post
    People don't like it when you use the grenade launcher.
    what is this grenade launcher you speak of? I know only of the n00b tube

Heh.

Also, the AK-47 is surprisingly lethal. You just sort of point it in the enemy's general direction and they die.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1k_sh0t View Post
    hey bud get yourself onto xfire and start playing on the public servers.
    Please give the ip address for those servers. i can't see it on the website

Blue Qube Server

IP Address: 196.213.33.125 Port: 28960

The Blue Qube server isn't bad but its hosted by quite a bad connection so ping spikes and packet loss is horrible.

But here are a list of locally supported games with servers that are decent.

http://games.saix.net/

Thanks for all the help guys it is much appreciated.

I will play a couple(lot) of more hours to get up and running.
    Is there anybody that would give some (one or two) noob classes to help out with the finer things?

The only real way to learn is just to play, die a lot, play some more...the community is great and generally free from morons
    Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fivelza View Post
    The only real way to learn is just to play, die a lot, play some more...the community is great and generally free from morons
    I must agree with your statement sofar the Local (SA) servers have been great and no one really gets annoyed if the Noob(me) screw up sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by fivelza View Post
    If you really do enjoy the game then take some time to learn how to play with Bandolier stopping power and then iron lungs. The competitive scene use a thing called promod and it removes the "n00b" luck based things like steady aim, 3 x frag claymoers etc. Making the game alot more about individual ability and teamwork. So if you find over the next few months you enjoy COD then get used to those things!

PS COD4 has one of the largest competitive scenes in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid0 View Post
    I must agree with your statement sofar the Local (SA) servers have been great and no one really gets annoyed if the Noob(me) screw up sometimes.
    Everyone's been a noob at one or other stage
    Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast