Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tips for acing matric

Master
    Blog Entries

Default Tips for acing matric

Hi

I'm a matric learner and would like to know if anyone has tips that can help me make my life much easier

Any possible tips would be greatly appreciated...you can post them here aswell as private message me so i will definitely get your tips

from filing systems , to studying , to time , to how long before the exam should i know the syllabus... anything and everything that you know please share it along to me and i will indeed pass it along to others.

best regards,
    dhiven

I say exercise and I don't mean mental. Do physical exercise. This will help you focus when studying and also keep you in shape. Many matrics just loaf around. Healthy body healthy mind .

If you have good long term memory study in advance. If you have good short term memory then study closer to the exam. Its all about what works for you!
    SnapBill - South African online invoicing and billing system focussed on automating debit order and payment collections.

study as much as you need to so that you feel confident.

I started studying maths and Science the day before the exam. didn't go too well.....

so depends on the subjct - biology is a cramming session - maths and stuff you need to KNOW.

These days is it even possible to fail?

What I heard worked was to get hold of as many exams from previous years and do them identifying what you need to work on and working on it.

Me, I just loafed and drank my way to a B average.

Master
    Blog Entries

thanks for the tips so far...

keep em coming

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateWarez View Post
    thanks for the tips so far...

keep em coming
    Stay away from weed and group studying with your drinking buddies.

If you're doing Science learn to use the Island System for physics.
    Starschool with William Smith (if he still does it) is excellent.

...doesn't know

ok, try exercise, it improves your focus as stated. Um, for maths and science, you just have to make a shyte load of notes, just go through exercises.

ok, it's quite simple, I do this,

get something to eat, something small, some toast or chocolate will do.
    then mission off to your place of studying... try study in an open place (such as a large room).
    now, take out your notes that you will study from, and an exam pad... what you do now is boring but effective:
    1stly, you read through your notes and highlight essentials (so you summarize the notes for your brain),
    now, after you've done that, proceed to write out all the notes, draw diagrams too (pictures help), using colours helps too (with the writing, but stay away from yellow and faint colours)

then once you've re-written the essentials from your notes, read over them again...
    this should take 2-5 hours, BUT! every 30min-1hour take a 5-10 min break where you drink water and nibble of some food .

if you paid attention in class then matric shouldn't be much of a problem really.

Learn.
    Practice.
    Go out, take a break and do something not related to work.

All you need is self control.

Get hold of past exam papers and go through them, and then some and then some more. Mark yourself, identify weak areas and then do more. Seriously - you can't fail this way unless you're genuinely stupid.

Summarize a chapter on one side of a fullscap page, then fold page in half and summarize the summary on half a page. Fold the half page in half and summarize the half summary on the quarter page. Do this for each chapter of your subject and it will stick vas in your mind.

...doesn't know

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateWarez View Post
    Hi

I'm a matric learner and would like to know if anyone has tips that can help me make my life much easier

Any possible tips would be greatly appreciated...you can post them here aswell as private message me so i will definitely get your tips

from filing systems , to studying , to time , to how long before the exam should i know the syllabus... anything and everything that you know please share it along to me and i will indeed pass it along to others.

best regards,
    dhiven
    ok, I'm gonna let you in on a little secrete with matric... the best way to ace it, it to, this may offend some mybb members so I've whited it out :

WORK YOUR GOD DAMN BALLS OFF YOU LAZY ASS! JUST GO HOME, LOCK THE FREAKING DOOR AND STUDY!!!!!!!!

Some old sayings still hold true:
    Early to bed, early to rise.
    The early bird catches the worm.
    A healthy body has a healthy mind.
    You can do whatever you put your mind to.

Get into a study routine that works for you. If you find that you learn easier when you get up at 3 in the morning, do it.
    Don't leave everything till the last minute.
    Start studying now for your finals. That way, you won't have to try and cram everything into your brain at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast