Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: [Vodacom] Any 24 month laptop deals?

Blog Entries

Question [Vodacom] Any 24 month laptop deals?

We got our last lappie more than two years ago on Business Call for R185 pm with R1500 pay-in. It worked out that we paid the market value of the lappie over the 24 months, which was cool.

Are there any other laptop deals out there nowadays that are similar to this? Needs to be 24 and not 36 months.

Vodacom4u have a lappie, modem and 250MB data contract for R319/month but that is for 36 months...

Edit: Here is the full deal:
    HP Compaq Presario CQ60-320ei notebook + HUAWEI K3520 USB modem on myMeg250
    Vista Home Basic
    AMD Sempron 2.1Ghz
    1GB RAM
    160GB HDD
    15.6" screen
    webcam
    dvd-writer
    3 year warranty

Golla bag 'worth' R899
    Last edited by hj2k_x; 03-07-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hj2k_x View Post
    We got our last lappie more than two years ago on Business Call for R185 pm with R1500 pay-in. It worked out that we paid the market value of the lappie over the 24 months, which was cool.

Are there any other laptop deals out there nowadays that are similar to this? Needs to be 24 and not 36 months.

Vodacom4u have a lappie, modem and 250MB data contract for R319/month but that is for 36 months...

Edit: Here is the full deal:
    HP Compaq Presario CQ60-320ei notebook + HUAWEI K3520 USB modem on myMeg250
    Vista Home Basic
    AMD Sempron 2.1Ghz
    1GB RAM
    160GB HDD
    15.6" screen
    webcam
    dvd-writer
    3 year warranty

Golla bag 'worth' R899
    Go to Incredible Connection you can get it from them on 24 months, only problem is most of their laptops is only a 1 year warranty, you have to buy additional years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacoh View Post
    Go to Incredible Connection you can get it from them on 24 months, only problem is most of their laptops is only a 1 year warranty, you have to buy additional years.
    Do you know the cost of that? Is it also a data deal? I don't need/want the data at all. The last contract we took out had just the laptop...

Do you know the cost of that? Is it also a data deal? I don't need/want the data at all. The last contract we took out had just the laptop...
    The ones I know of is data bundles, but I think you can get the laptop with any deal as you actually pay for the laptop on it's own. It's like the laptop is R320 a month plus the bundle for R 159, or in your case the business call or whatever. Don't know the prices because it depends on the price of the laptop. Best is to go to a store and speak to them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacoh View Post
    The ones I know of is data bundles, but I think you can get the laptop with any deal as you actually pay for the laptop on it's own. It's like the laptop is R320 a month plus the bundle for R 159, or in your case the business call or whatever. Don't know the prices because it depends on the price of the laptop. Best is to go to a store and speak to them.
    I see. Ok. Pity IC still don't have any kind of email support at all

The deal we got really was a good one then. The lappie was just an entry-level Celeron but at that time it was worth around R6000. Paid R189/month for 24 months and pay-in of R1500 which adds up to almost exactly R6000.

They must have been desperate to get rid of the stock or something...

Blog Entries

It seems that such deals are no longer widely available...

Do you know the specs for the Acer Extensa 5430 laptop? i read its on 24 month contract at 320 + your data bundle. Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaiYaN View Post
    Do you know the specs for the Acer Extensa 5430 laptop? i read its on 24 month contract at 320 + your data bundle. Thanks
    No, but that sounds really expensive...

Blog Entries

Anyone got anything else cool?

Master

Yeah , I'm also keen to know ????

Grandmaster

I was thinking of getting this HP Compaq Presario CQ60-320ei notebook for the wife but will the graphics on it be enough to play Sims 3 ?

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe!" - Anatole France

Anyone got anything else cool?
    Go check out cellucity's deals. I also recall a few months back someone mentioned they were able to find laptop deals in v4me.
    62.15% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and e-tolls.

We choose the thieves and the liars who will govern
    As they don their disguises and prey on the prizes we bought them
    And we'll say that we didn't know
    We'll be know as the wicked, the lazy, the crazy, the people that choose to be blind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by morkhans View Post
    Go check out cellucity's deals. I also recall a few months back someone mentioned they were able to find laptop deals in v4me.
    Shot. They look interesting. And they are all 24 months, which is cool.