Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Choice between two graphics cards

Question Choice between two graphics cards

hey guys i need some help here as i am really confused.

between the ati x800xt and the gforce 9800gtx. which is the better of the two cards ? i've googled the two and tried to get a comparison but not really get anything to compare the two with. now i am getting either the one of the other. my friend though is a major supporter of ATI and he recommends the x800xt. me on the other hand always liked gforce cause they dont give me any issues (no mess no fuss kinda thing...)

now dead honestly which of the two would you recommend for gaming? i got 2gig ram atm and a 3.2ghz cpu. cant really afford a new pc atm as there are other things that need paying. but my 7600gs is really getting it's ass kicked atm by games.

Hi,

Check out the charts on this link : http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/g...s-cards,1.html

It will give you options to compare graphics cards against each other and get benchmarks in games you wish to see (play).

Hope that helps

Go with the 9800gtx.
    The ATI x800xt is an "old generation" card while the 9800 is a current card. You probably can't find comparisons because they would be meaningless since the 9800 outperforms the x800 in every way.
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Dude, the X800XT is crap in comparrison. I had the X850XT PE and an 8800GT whipped it's ass badly.

Just looked for core clock/memory/shader clock comparrisons and you'll see the difference.

How much do you have to spend? I think you could get an ATI card for the price of the 9800 that would be better value as well.

i have around 1k to spend atm. i might be able to add like 200/300 more mebbe at the most though.

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Well prophecy have the 4850 for R1300. That beats everything in the price range.

hmmm i think the HD4670 looks good aswell. prophecy rocks! their prices beat any pc shop i've been to ty this one i am going to bookmark

hmm somehow i think i'd rather take the 9600gt (trying to stay in my original budget...) i have had issues with ATI cards in the past. drivers .. card not picking up properly etc. not the same mobo but still.. they make me nervous just thinking about it.

ATi have come a long way since then. Their driver support is excellent nowadays. As mentioned before, get the 4850 from prophecy. It is on par with the 9800GTX+

Ye definitely go for the 4850!
    --------------------------
    █████████ Bafo]<]<e Shirts █████████
    --------------------------

I got the 4850 from PC Int for R1099 + Vat. It is the Sapphire one. It's an amazing card and i'm glad I went for it.

Try ikonicIT, there prices are brilliant and have a massive selection...

the 9800gtx is a pretty impressive card, but think its a little out the price range. the 9600gt on the other hand is also a great card... but for the best bang for buck go 4850

i have 9600gt and it rocks so hard.
    also try http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....1=41&card2=557

hope this helps. its a great site
    Last edited by iron man; 07-07-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

i am running a 9800gx2, if you do go for a card like this bare in mind you have to run a fast cpu(quad), 2gig ram at least and a big pcu,
    Telkom: "Resistance is futile, your money is ours!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast