Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: You are a sinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm! View Post
    Did God give you this answer? Or was this bull thumb sucked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhawk View Post
    Yes, through his word! It's called a B-I-B-L-E.

Circular reasoning

This trick uses the premise to prove the conclusion and then use the conclusion to support the premise.

Example

The Bible is the word of God.
    The Bible says it is the word of God.
    If it is the word of God, and says that it is the word of God it must be, because the word of God must be true.

The assumption here is that the Bible is the word of God. It dismissed the possibility of the contrary and proved the assumption using the conclusion of that assumption. What if the Bible is not the word of God? No matter whether it says it is the word of God or not—can’t be relied on according to the logic of the above statement.

So are some people born with out logic? Not all humans are the same hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Madhawk View Post
    These are cults, there's a big difference.

The bible clearly warns us about false Messiahs/Prophets/preachers...etc

Just because a small bunch mess up, doesn't mean the rest have to be included in the same category.
    So your group has to be bigger than a certain size not to be called a cult ?

Quote Originally Posted by rza View Post
    Until a person understands that he or she is a sinner who deserves death at the hands of God, they would never appreciate what Jesus did for them 2000 years ago. ...................................... Jesus as your Lord and saviour.
    If this is what you god turns you into, i'd rather become a satanist. I don't want to lose my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Balstrome View Post
    So your group has to be bigger than a certain size not to be called a cult ?
    The Cults I was referring to was folks like Rev Jim Jones, David Koresh, the Phelps family.

Jim Jones had 909 of his members commit suicide, I call that a small group.

Super Grandmaster

I think god's test to see who would fall for religion and who would see through it is quite clever.

Quote Originally Posted by noxibox View Post
    I think god's test to see who would fall for religion and who would see through it is quite clever.
    Yep, I think satan is the true God, God is just the test, satan has never called for genocide only God...

it's a test of morals and if you worship the evil God you fail.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by cyghost View Post
    Fear? No, it make me want to fight him. He offends my sense of morality whith his sick homophobic obsessions, with his genocidal rages and his perverted sense of justice. Luckily he doesn't exist. Unfortuanlty people, like you, do. What a great pity that is, for all of humankind.

Matthew 5:22 guess we'll see you there genius?
    You will have an opportunity to fight God, along with all people who have a problem with Him. The Battle of Armageddon will be God vs people, spearheaded by satan. I guess you'll look forward to it.

You will have an opportunity to fight God, along with all people who have a problem with Him. The Battle of Armageddon will be God vs people, spearheaded by satan. I guess you'll look forward to it.
    With all the people, past and present, who've been condemned by your god, the opposition will have a bigger army.
    I once dated a girl who lisped, she wanted to watch Faith Like Potatoes. 20 minutes in it dawned that we weren't watching a movie about the Elephant Man...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugaru View Post
    Not a homosexual. Just curious, doesn't god create all people? Makes each person different etc? If he can't stand gay people, why does he create them?

Most gay people don't choose to go gay, they're mostly born like that. God is suppose to love and care for each and every person and forgive them of their sins, yet he creates gay people just to send them off to hell?
    People have sex with people of the same sex for their own sexual gratification, there's no God involved in that. You want to ejaculate, and women want to reach orgasm, that's why you have sex with another person of the same sex. You are not doing God a favour, you are doing yourself a favour. Other people have sex with objects like vibrators and I can assure you that God didn't make them to have sex with vibrators. The reason they are having sex with vibrators is to satisfy themselves, the same way you satisfy yourself. Or did God create vibrator-squee human beings as well?

Don't fool yourself, you know very well you want satisfaction out of your own selfish heart. The same way other people want satisfaction from little children, or Michael Jackson with little boys, or R Kelly with tweens, or some sickos with animals. God didn't create you that way, you are just addicted to sin and sin controls you life. That's where Jesus comes into the picture, He wants to relieve you from sin slavery. You can be non-gay again, like Adam was!

Quote Originally Posted by waynegohl View Post
    i think its been mentoned before but if not why is there nothing in the 10 commandments about homosexuality if it was so bad?
    You shall not commit adultery (Exodus 20:14 NIV). I won't patronise you and give you a definition of adultery from bible's persepctive.

You shall not commit adultery (Exodus 20:14 NIV). I won't patronise you and give you a definition of adultery from bible's persepctive.
    please do

Quote Originally Posted by BLIXEMPIE View Post
    I am also a proud believer in Jesus and I find this thread to be insulting to my Messiah. I believe the point where the line must be drawn through our supposed right to freedom of speech is where it starts infringing with one's religious beliefs.
    I sincerely hope the MyBB moderators share my view and that they will delete all anti-religious posts from this thread. Or just delete the damn thread.
    I challenge you to back your statement with the bible.

Would have been Epic. Almost a pity it ain't ever happenin
    People have sex with people of the same sex for their own sexual gratification, there's no God involved in that. You want to ejaculate, and women want to reach orgasm, that's why you have sex with another person of the same sex. You are not doing God a favour, you are doing yourself a favour. Other people have sex with objects like vibrators and I can assure you that God didn't make them to have sex with vibrators. The reason they are having sex with vibrators is to satisfy themselves, the same way you satisfy yourself. Or did God create vibrator-squee human beings as well?

Don't fool yourself, you know very well you want satisfaction out of your own selfish heart. The same way other people want satisfaction from little children, or Michael Jackson with little boys, or R Kelly with tweens, or some sickos with animals. God didn't create you that way, you are just addicted to sin and sin controls you life. That's where Jesus comes into the picture, He wants to relieve you from sin slavery. You can be non-gay again, like Adam was!
    Clasic and nominated!

EDIT: uuuuurgh

Quote Originally Posted by Norm! View Post
    Did God give you this answer? Or was this bull thumb sucked? You just reinforce the reason I think the church is a load of cr@p
    I'm sorry to give an opinion, I should have asked God to speak for Himself. So let's hear it:
    I the LORD do not change (Malachi 3:6)
    The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind (Hebrews 7:21)

Tell us God, what is it you won't change your mind on:
    If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable (Leviticus 20:13).
    Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders (1 Corinthians 6:9)

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast