Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast

Thread: When will iBurst drop prices...?

How can 5gigs last a whole month if you play online games for 4-5hours a day... I've used 250meg on HoN alone this month and i've only played 4 games at 30 minutes a piece. Then CoD4 uses up to 50meg an hour... Wow = anything from 15 to 75megs an hour. In a month I can easily use 6-7gig for online gaming alone, then i still need to run updates and then there's facebook+my sister = GG WP no RE. 10 gigs gone in no time... And that without pirating so much as a picture.

Hey Shaun, when we gonna get some info on the new packages. Checked the website and no change. Not whining just want a date

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hey Shaun, when we gonna get some info on the new packages. Checked the website and no change. Not whining just want a date
    Er... No single people in your area then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gekco View Post
    Er... No single people in your area then?
    Lol...

These days 3GB is a joke, 10GB should be the norm.

Maybe we should organize a toyi-toyi outside iBurst offices,
    it works for the municipality workers, it should work for us.

I will not provide a date. But this month will introduce something new.

Jannie and Marketing will do the release and on the same day it will hit the forums.

Shaun Green
    Okay, okay we will be patient.

So August is the month, cool....

Grandmaster

So 4 August then ?

Anyone here sold an iBurst modem before (the kind you stick in your window)? What do they go for second hand?

4 August 2010
    McLAREN MERCEDES
    Twitter Flickr

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaudio View Post
    4 August 2010

Quote Originally Posted by aalwees View Post
    Anyone here sold an iBurst modem before (the kind you stick in your window)? What do they go for second hand?
    As opposed to the kind you throw out your window?

Quote Originally Posted by iBurst View Post
    24-07-2009, 12:01 PM

Hi all.

They are busy with their new Product release coming soon and everything else has gone onto the backburner till the end of next week.

Sorry. This new product is taking the higlight right now.

No....I am not going to say what it is. Marketing and Product are very busy with the release plans.

Lets wait for the normal channel.

Thanks
    So next week then.

Quote Originally Posted by iBurst View Post
    03-08-2009, 07:02 PM

Hi guys.

Sorry guys, I will not provide a date. But this month will introduce something new. Jannie and Marketing will do the release and on the same day it will hit the forums.

Thanks.
    So this month then.

So next ... then

Grandmaster

One a more serious note.
    A good question that you raise...

To tie in with that:
    What is the the latest cancellation date on a month-to-month contract for it to be effectively canceled at the end of a month?

Now we are hearing that iBurst "will introduce something new" "this month".
    Since we have no inkling of what "something new" will consist of, we do not know if it will even benefit current subscribers.
    So it could be a brand new product or even a Wi-MAX offering. Those would certainly be "something new".
    We also have no date on when this offering will be made public.

There have been 'hints' and a lot of speculation in these forums that the 'new product' would be released at the beginning of this month.
    Despite all of the discussion regarding this in these forums, iBurst has seen fit to only inform us today that it would be released "this month".

So what do we have?
    A statement that a "something new" will be introduced "this month".
    No product details and no date in other words.

Vague to say the least.

On Gumtree this guy is selling an iburst desktop modem for R1000-00.

http://johannesburg.gumtree.co.za/c-...AdIdZ146211319

LOL - "as opposed to the the kind you throw out the window".

R1000 bucks is a lot more that I thought.

Who wants to bet that this new product has nothing to do with bandwidth and price. Look at the way the local cellphone industry works, Vodacom in particular: all these extra bells and whistles and ringtones and free cars and free this and that like your air time is actually a Lotto ticket - all this stuff to distract you from the real issue - price. I can't make up my mind if its like eating at MacDonalds and they give you a free little wind-up Ronald MacDonald, or if its like watching a Verimark ad: "but wait, there's more ... this set of knives comes with a free cheese knife ... and if you buy now we throw in a free watchamagerritjie to sharpen them" (because you sure as hell are gonna need it).

We'll see; we wait ...

Grandmaster

[sarc]And that's not all. If you call 0800-I-want-it now and order the new package right now, they'll throw in a 56K dial-up modem with drivers optimised for Windows XP SP2&3, and Vista...[/sarc]

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast